cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

I just love my dual A/C units

wayfun
Explorer
Explorer
Staying very comfortable in south Florida.

6 REPLIES 6

clev
Explorer
Explorer
On the road to a camp site is a little difficult to 'start earlier'. I have considered running the generator for the hour just prior to arrival.
'12 F-350 SD CC, SRW, LWB, 4X4, FX4 Offroad, Bilsteins, AirLift Air Bags, BedLocker bed cover, White Platinum w/Adobe, Navigation, Moon Roof, 5th Wheel Prep, Step Tail Gate, front hitch receiver, completely insulated, Pioneer speakers, King Ranch Package.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
clev wrote:
I would really like to have 2 on my TT, but am concerned that my 30 amp system would not be sufficient. I'm sure there's a work around, but probably a lot of trouble and expense. My TT is 36 ft and in any hot climate in mid summer, it takes hours for the unit to cool down on initial set up. Afterwards, it maintains pretty well, but we're careful to keep shades/drapes closed on sunny sides.

2nd A/C wired to an extension cord that you can pull out and plug into power pedestal outlet.

With only 1 A/C........start earlier before rig gets warmed up
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

clev
Explorer
Explorer
I would really like to have 2 on my TT, but am concerned that my 30 amp system would not be sufficient. I'm sure there's a work around, but probably a lot of trouble and expense. My TT is 36 ft and in any hot climate in mid summer, it takes hours for the unit to cool down on initial set up. Afterwards, it maintains pretty well, but we're careful to keep shades/drapes closed on sunny sides.
'12 F-350 SD CC, SRW, LWB, 4X4, FX4 Offroad, Bilsteins, AirLift Air Bags, BedLocker bed cover, White Platinum w/Adobe, Navigation, Moon Roof, 5th Wheel Prep, Step Tail Gate, front hitch receiver, completely insulated, Pioneer speakers, King Ranch Package.

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
At 86 outside with one acmine is at 70 easy

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
Old-Biscuit wrote:
Should be able to achieve and maintain that temp with just ONE

Now when temps go over 100*F....TWO are a required blessing

Agreed, But, I don't know how big or poorly insulated of a TT he has.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
Should be able to achieve and maintain that temp with just ONE

Now when temps go over 100*F....TWO are a required blessing
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31