cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Concept Travel Trailer (Caravan) from New Zealand

Pangaea_Ron
Explorer
Explorer
This looks pretty interesting, and for a mere $347,000 USD?

New Zealand Herald Link
2008 Itasca SunCruiser 35L
2014 Honda AWD CR-V EX-L
8 REPLIES 8

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
#1nobby wrote:
There's somebody in South Carolina that could afford one today.

LOL, a butt load of them.

Campfire_Time
Explorer
Explorer
Hmm... At $347,000 US, no thanks.

valhalla360 wrote:

Some thoughts:
- Add roll up sides that deploy to make the patio additional enclosed living space (when and if desired)

Read the web site description. There is an option to use the "patio" as additional sleeping space for guests.
Chuck D.
โ€œAdventure is just bad planning.โ€ - Roald Amundsen
2013 Jayco X20E Hybrid
2016 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab Z71 LTZ2
2008 GMC Sierra SLE1 Crew Cab Z71 (traded)

GrandpaKip
Explorer
Explorer
Very cool.
Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

_1nobby
Explorer
Explorer
There's somebody in South Carolina that could afford one today.

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
It's an interesting idea but a few questions:
- based on the picture, it looks like there isn't much headroom in the main unit. Might not look as pretty but you could go an extra foot or two higher to address since 11-12' 5th wheels are not uncommon.
- How is the air/con, hatches and other roof protrusions handled? Again, mostly solvable issues
- What is the mechanism that supports the body while it's rotating (before the stabilizer feet go down)? I'm not sure this is more of an architectural concept with the engineering not completed. This is probably the biggest challenge I see. One solution is attach the axles to the main living space and have the patio be the part that swings out as that will be light weight and not require as much of a structural design.

Cost is obviously crazy as I'm sure I could have a custom made trailer done up by a shop for less but assuming you sort out the issues above it could be a nice option.

Some thoughts:
- Add roll up sides that deploy to make the patio additional enclosed living space (when and if desired)
- If the patio swings to the back and extends beyond the main house, you could use it as a toy hauler. That would also leave the front roof available for air/con & hatches.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
Wow I'm impressed by that. I can't see it fitting into most of the campsites I know, but somebody really has an imagination. I wonder how it fares in a good cross wind.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
Reminds me of a portable radio...

2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

westend
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like the designer tried to reinvent the wheel but left a flat spot in it.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton