cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Winntec 6020 propane regulator

pbitschura
Explorer
Explorer
We are still learning the new systems. The indicator light at the front of the valve shows no color, red/green. I move the switch between tanks and it displays nothing. I read that this valve had a recall in 2021. Out unit is a 2020 likely built earlier. Is there a way check if it's working? Other than convenience, is there a problem with continuing it's use?
2020 Braxton Creek 24fb travel trailer
4 REPLIES 4

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Grew up with propane and that type of indicator/regulator Have seen several variations on the design of the indicator and a couple on the changeover valve.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

pbitschura
Explorer
Explorer
wa8yxm wrote:
If that's the indiator I think it is some of that type of indicator show RED for Empty and Green for anything other than empty and some show NOTHING for "Other than empty".

To find out.. Turn on both tanks then turn off the valve on the SELECTED tank with a burner on the stove lit heating water for tea.... IT should swiftly go red..

Have someone monitor the stove to insure it does not go out.
(IF it does shut it off before re-opening tank valve)
Great suggestion. I love the wisdom here.
2020 Braxton Creek 24fb travel trailer

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
If that's the indiator I think it is some of that type of indicator show RED for Empty and Green for anything other than empty and some show NOTHING for "Other than empty".

To find out.. Turn on both tanks then turn off the valve on the SELECTED tank with a burner on the stove lit heating water for tea.... IT should swiftly go red..

Have someone monitor the stove to insure it does not go out.
(IF it does shut it off before re-opening tank valve)
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times