Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Trailer Camera

marpel
Explorer
Explorer
'22 Sierra HD SLE.

Was informed, during ordering process, that the accessory rear trailer camera (one with a 30-ish foot cable that connects to the rear of the truck and view is visible in-dash) was compatible with the truck.

In further research, I found a description on the GM site that states codes MBC, UVI, TRG, UVS, MBB, MAH are required. I think I have one of these codes. But the site does not describe whether these codes are related to all the capabilities of the full camera system (ie invisible trailer etc), and I can't find a, full, list of RPO codes to determine what these codes reference.

All I have, currently, is a back-up camera on the truck and all I want to add is the camera on the rear of the trailer.

I prefer not to ask the dealer as I have received incomplete/inaccurate info from them in the recent past and would prefer not to spend $600 for an item that won't work and which has to be returned. So far, the only info they have provided is I would require a different connection (which would replace the 4 pin) at another $130.

Does anyone know if this camera will be compatible with this truck?

Thanks,

Marv
6 REPLIES 6

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
Moved to Tech Issues forum from Towing.
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

corvettekent
Explorer
Explorer
I bought the 2022 Chevrolet High Country, and it has the camera plugs at the rear bumper. My dealer was not any better that your dealer, they just don't know or don't want to research to find the correct answer.
If you don't have the trailer camera plugs, I would guess that you can't just install the camera plugs.
2022 Silverado 3500 High Country CC/LB, SRW, L5P. B&W Companion Hitch with pucks. Hadley air horns.

2004 32' Carriage 5th wheel. 860 watts of solar MPPT, two SOK 206 ah LiFePO4 batteries. Samlex 2,000 watt Pure Sine Wave Inverter.

marpel
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the responses, and sorry, guess I should have been more explicit in my first post.

The camera is not an aftermarket (obtained from a non GM location) product. It is sold by GM and is generically listed on their site as "Auxiliary Trailer Camera". It comes with the camera and cable, which runs to the rear of the truck and is plugged in to a connector which also is required (replaces the 4 pin). The camera view can then be seen in the Infotainment screen.

There are no RPO codes in the glovebox, the only thing there is a sticker related to camper requirements.

I did take a photo of the QR code on the door pillar, but when I queried it, it would only show 32 (I think that was the amount) codes and am not sure how many more are available.

I have the SLE with the SLE Convenience Package and Preferred Package, and as previously noted, do have the reverse camera. When I was ordering, I was (repeatedly) told the auxiliary camera would be compatible with my set-up. However, when I later checked the website for the camera, I found the codes I listed previously, many of which I could not find in my QR codes query.

If the camera is not compatible, and had been told that up front, I would have changed the options to ensure I could use that one. So just trying to clarify if I can use it or not with my set-up.

Marv

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
RV Cams website

Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
Call RV Cams in Central LA. And ask them. They are the go to people concerning cameras. Find as much information about your truck and proposed cameras before calling.

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Would be helpful is you can provide some details about the brand and model of camera that's coming with the trailer, we have some good sleuths on the forum that will find out. Also, the RPO codes should should be on a sticker inside the glove box. Can you snap a pic of that and let us know what codes you have?