cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ticking noise under fridge

nschick
Explorer
Explorer
I have a ticking noise coming from under my fridge and can't figure out what it is. It seems sporadic but is driving my nuts at night.

NOTE: Did you see the "Announcement : ★★READ BEFORE POSTING HERE★★" located at the top of this forum?
    "Forum Posting Help and Support is reserved for questions on how to post in the forums, signature and photo testing, reporting website or member account issues. Please avoid using Forum Posting Help and Support for RV related questions, as doing so can delay responses to your thread. Instead, create future threads in the RV FORUM which corresponds to the subject of your topic. Thank-you!"
6 REPLIES 6

Almot
Explorer III
Explorer III
When fridge works as it should, igniter takes about one second to fire up. Then you hear the "whoosh" sound of the fire. Then it will click again in about one hour.

It is not loud in my 6cf Norcold, can barely hear it when standing next to the fridge. If fridge is close to the bed, this can get annoying in the night. 110V compressor fridge makes more noises of all kind.

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
JeremyFr wrote:
The igniter firing for the burner on the fridge? Mine makes a "ticking" noise when it fires.

This^^^^
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

JeremyFr
Explorer
Explorer
The igniter firing for the burner on the fridge? Mine makes a "ticking" noise when it fires.
2016 Ford F150 XLT SCREW Long Bed 4x4 3.5L EcoBoost with Stage 3 Livernois Tunes

2007 Jayco JayFlight 23FB

fischer
Explorer
Explorer
Well are you sure its the fridge. A lot of builders put converters under the fridge.
2016 Winnebago 35B v10
2006 Jeep Liberty 4x4
Blue ox Tow Bar

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
What kind / brand of fridge? Gas / Electric ? Constant ticking or time to time? Could it be a metal expansion type ticking from the burning heating up?
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT