cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sanyo 210N Panels any good?

msmith1_wa
Explorer
Explorer
I have been acquiring parts for a solar install on my trailer. I have most everything except panels. Some used Sanyo 210N with enphase micro inverters were recently listed in my area on Craigslist. The seller is asking $1200 for 12 panels and inverters. Does this seem like a reasonable price? Are these panels any good? My charge controller is mppt so that is not a problem. I think I could fit all of the panels, not that I need that much. I could be nice and share some with my parents and try to sell the micro inverters.
2003 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 8.1l
2016 Evergreen Amped 28FS
4 REPLIES 4

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
They appear to be 36v. 12 panels on a trailer? Dunno about that.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

FLY_4_FUN
Explorer
Explorer
Im not sure I would be comfortable buying and installing used panels. If they have an ideal life of 25 years then hasn't the best 7 or 8 years of them been used already. Im sure an inspection can confirm they weren't damaged but Im just not a fan of used stuff in the electronics world. If they don't last then you leave holes from removing them and possibly more holes for new panels.

That's my .02 anyways, I hope if you go for it that they work well for you
2012 Dodge Ram 3500 crew SB 4x4 CTD 3.73
2015 Brookstone 315RL
2009 Colorado 29BHS (sold 2015)
05 Jayflight 29BHS (sold 2008)
99 Jayco Eagle 12SO (sold 2005)

Boon_Docker
Explorer II
Explorer II
If they all work then I would say that is a good price. I took a look at the data sheet and they have good specs. They were first manufactured in 2009. So even if these were a first run they still have many years life left in them.

I found one seller "Toboa Energy" that is trying to sell these same panels for $880 each. :E

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
Panels are all a commodity. Good price is a good panel as long as the mounting and size works for you. I would not pay more than 50 cents per watt used. maybe a lot less.