cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ryobi 2200 watt inverter generator.

geneeich
Explorer
Explorer
I'm thinking about buying a generator, maybe 2. The Honda 2000 watt units are popular, but has anyone tried the Ryobi 2200 watt inverter generator?
2015 F-250 Crew Cab Long Bed Diesel
2016 Rockwood 2906WS Travel Trailer
12 REPLIES 12

MrWizard
CPE champion power eqipment
american company, with a chinese factory
they build what they sell, and have excellent service dept
home office is is in Santa fe springs , Calif
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

CharlesinGA
Explorer
Explorer
CJW8 wrote:
Every time I have called Champion for service I quickly got a very helpful english as a first language human that took care of my issue very promptly. Both times it has been carburetor problems because of the **** corn gas our government forces on us. The first time they sent me a free replacement. The second time I had to buy it but it was not expensive.

While it costs more, look for ethanol free gas, here in GA is is fairly easy to find, the Mid grade at all of the Valero stations around here is Ethanol free.

Charles
'03 Ram 2500 CTD, 5.9HO six speed, PacBrake Exh Brake, std cab, long bed, Leer top and 2008 Bigfoot 25B21RB.. previously (both gone) 2008 Thor/Dutchman Freedom Spirit 180 & 2007 Winnebago View 23H Motorhome.

CJW8
Explorer
Explorer
Every time I have called Champion for service I quickly got a very helpful english as a first language human that took care of my issue very promptly. Both times it has been carburetor problems because of the **** corn gas our government forces on us. The first time they sent me a free replacement. The second time I had to buy it but it was not expensive.
2003 Forest River Sierra M-37SP Toy Hauler- Traded in
2015 Keystone Raptor 332TS 5th wheel toy Hauler (sold)
2004 Winnebago Vectra. 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee toad

geneeich
Explorer
Explorer
Just looked at the Champion Power Equipment 75537i Inverter Generator with Wireless Remote, 3100 Watt at Amazon looks like the best bag for the buck. Enough power to run the AC and has remote start.

Don't want to get into discussion about Ryobi vs. other tools (Dewalt, B&D, etc.) Unless you buy top of the line like Bosch there all poor to fair at best.

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
geneeich wrote:
Thanks guy's for the info. Is Champion American made and is it as quiet as the Honda's and Yamaha's?

None of these generators are built in the US but in a variety of countries throughout the world, including of course China. Production of the Honda EU2000i was moved to Thailand a couple of years ago and is now built exclusively there, the EU3000iS is still manufactured in Japan. Yamaha is likely similar with manufacturing plants in a variety of countries. So what, each of these 3 brands are fully represented here in N America so parts and service are readily available through long established dealership chains, unlike the variety of other brands which aren't.
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

tragusa3
Explorer
Explorer
Don't know anything about the generator, but I've purchased enough tools to know that the Ryobi tools can take the fun out of work and are temporary at best.

I wouldn't chance it based on my past experience.
New to us 2011 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 34TGA
Join us on the road at Rolling Ragu on YouTube!

geneeich
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks guy's for the info. Is Champion American made and is it as quiet as the Honda's and Yamaha's?

MrWizard
Just a Guess
they don't want to pay for honda or yammy
and they don't know champion
if they shop home depot or lowes , orchard, etc..
they know ryobi by name
so when they see that they think, hey why not
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
Just an observation but every time I read these types of discussions I have to wonder why anyone wanting to purchase a good inverter genset but isn't willing to ante up for proven winners from Honda or Yamaha just doesn't then opt for a generally well regarded yet much less costly Champion inverter genset which does enjoy reliable manufacturer support. In other words, why bother with anything other than Honda, Yamaha, or Champion? :h
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

romore
Explorer II
Explorer II
It is made in China for Homelite, after sales service is almost non existent. There is a reason it is so cheap.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
If I post a link to other Ryobi posts, will it be of any help? Reason I ask is that they're usually ignored.

Glad I asked.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Amazon.com probably has some reviews on the Ryobi 2200.