cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RULER reading???

joelyn
Explorer
Explorer

Need to drill a hole for a hitch pin Have the 5/8in hitch pin and need to drill a hole a bit bigger. The size I need is 2 lines after the 5/8 in on the below pictured ruler. What size drill bit do I need?
thanks
Not sure why the picture so blurred. not like that on photo bucket.. but what size drill should I use to insert a 5/8in hitch pin in??
35 REPLIES 35

joelyn
Explorer
Explorer
ScottG wrote:
I've done several of those. I used a 5/8" bit and the pin fit perfectly. I wouldn't use anything bigger.

5/8in bit. THANKS, will give it a shot...

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
You have the arrow on 1 and 11/16 which is 1 and 1/16 inch bigger then 5/8 inch. I would drill the hole 5/8

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
I agree with ScottG....5/8.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

sempka
Explorer
Explorer
Looks to me like that would be 11/16.
2000 Holiday Rambler Admiral

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
I've done several of those. I used a 5/8" bit and the pin fit perfectly. I wouldn't use anything bigger.

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Need a clearer picture than that. Did you look at the post before you posted it? You can't read any numbers except the 2.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"