cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Problem with Champion generator

Crambo
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a new champion 2000 watt inverter generator a couple of weeks ago and it worked great these past two weekends. I went out earlier to winterize my TT so I fired it up and plugged in my trailer. Everything ran fine for a couple of minutes and the generator shut off all of a sudden. I fired it back up and it ran for a few seconds and shut off again. I unplugged it and hooked up my old generator to finish winterizing and all of a sudden the trailer lights went dim and the carbon monoxide detector showed a fault by flashing red and green. I shut everything down and the detector reset itself. I fired up my old generator again and everything worked normally. I finished winterizing my trailer it the brand new Champion gennie still wonโ€™t start. Iโ€™ve checked, gas, oil and pulled the spark plug to make sure it isnโ€™t fouled. Iโ€™m at a loss now. Is there something else I should check before I call Champion and if I have to call, how is their customer service?
33 REPLIES 33

DarkSkySeeker
Explorer
Explorer
Crambo wrote:
DarkSkySeeker wrote:
My Honda behaves as you describe when I fail to open the vent on the filler cap.

I thought that too but it showed to be in the proper position. Iโ€™m going to go check it again though to be sure. It was getting dark outside and my eyesight isnโ€™t what it used to be.

The "logic" is backwards on mine. I think "to the right" is "ON" and "to the left" is "OFF".
There is something special about camping in an RV.

Crambo
Explorer
Explorer
DarkSkySeeker wrote:
My Honda behaves as you describe when I fail to open the vent on the filler cap.

I thought that too but it showed to be in the proper position. Iโ€™m going to go check it again though to be sure. It was getting dark outside and my eyesight isnโ€™t what it used to be.

DarkSkySeeker
Explorer
Explorer
There is something special about camping in an RV.

ulvik
Explorer
Explorer
Love my Champion but with all products there is always an issue every now and then. I would call customer service. I had to call them before to get a replacement part and I have to say they had the best customer service I have ever dealt with. Good luck!!!!
2018 Ram 3500 DRW
2015 Heartland Big Country 3650RL
Great Smokey Mountains