cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Onan Generator error code

prstlk
Explorer
Explorer
I have a newer Onan Generator 5500w propane. It has worked flawlessly for 3 years. I also start it from time to time and do routine maintenance. Now it starts runs a few seconds and dies. I get the #36 error code. ( For those not familar with Onans if something is wrong the start stop switch will flash dots and dashes to indicate an error code which you can then refer to in the manual.) In this case it is #36 engine stop fault (engine stopped without command controller) The only solution it lists is to check for propane supply. Which both tanks are full. Any ideas how to proceed from here?
Thanks in advance.
Jim
2007 Keystone Challenger 5th wheel, Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7L Diesel, Short Bed, 2 dogs and the cat and rolling down the road full time since May 2014
4 REPLIES 4

prstlk
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you A1B00902! That gives me a couple of things to check out.
2007 Keystone Challenger 5th wheel, Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7L Diesel, Short Bed, 2 dogs and the cat and rolling down the road full time since May 2014

A1B00902
Explorer
Explorer
TRY HERE

https://thecampingadvisor.com/onan-generator-fault-codes/

prstlk
Explorer
Explorer
Yes all the other LP appliances work.

2chiefsRus
Explorer
Explorer
does your propane stove light and run?
Dave & Kathy
2007 Monaco Knight 40PDQ towing 2018 Ford F-150 & 2017 Harley Trike
Fulltime 2007 to 2016, now halftimers
Before you give someone a piece of your mind, make sure you can get by with what will be left.
Our Blog
National Parks Visited