cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Honda 3000 is

FloridaReLoaded
Explorer
Explorer
will a Honda 3000 run a small window unit and a refrig? Thanks I don't have time to look it up, I know there are some here very knowledgeable on the subject right off the top of your head. thanks
9 REPLIES 9

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
The way I deal with big loads is turn ECO off, start AC and then add other loads. Once everything runs nice, turn ECO on.
Than you have to make sure AC will not cycle off/on (thermostat all the way down) unless you are around to start the procedure again.

FloridaReLoaded
Explorer
Explorer
thank you all!!!!

RSD559
Explorer
Explorer
Common sense. Run the generator outside (ridiculous that even needs to be mentioned), and plug what you need directly to the generator with as little extension cord as possible. Harbor Freight has relatively inexpensive 10 gauge extension cords at a reasonable price.
Good luck, and keep up posted when you can.
2020 Torque T314 Toy Hauler Travel Trailer- 38' tip to tip.
2015 F-350 6.7L Diesel, SRW.
2021 Can Am Defender 6 seater. Barely fits in the toy hauler!

SaltiDawg
Explorer
Explorer
In my experience with residential power losses, it will not be necessary to run the frig 24/7. You may be able to run the devices more comfortably one at a time and yet be comfortable and also preserve your foods.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
You have 23.3 amps to play with. Should work fine--but try it first.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
The 3,000 won't do anything but yawn at a 5,000 BTU window A/C and say a 18 CF refrigerator.

Buy some rechargeable lanterns while you're at it. For use when refueling. Please be paranoid when refueling a warm, (but shut off) generator. I have become an unwilling expert in dealing with outages. Fans, really help.

General note: Sleeping when it's miserably hot and humid...

A tightly stretched out huge hammock. No blanket - not even a sheet. A blanket size swath of cheesecloth. Same for a pillow. Roll the cheesecloth up and stuff it under your head - it breathes. This is where a Fantastic Fan Endless Breeze will earn it's keep. If a mosquito tent is used, put the fan inside the mosquito tent. The tent blocks about 70% of an exterior fan's effectiveness.

Rubber boots, nitrile gloves, and a CO detector are to me, vital for working around a generator. A wind shift can poison a house and a CO alarm can save your life.

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
I ran an 11000 btu portable, 24 cu ft refrigerator and tv off my eu2000, you won't have a problem with the 3000, as long as the ac is 120 volt.

Good luck!
-- Chris Bryant

FloridaReLoaded
Explorer
Explorer
darsben1 wrote:
residential fridge?
If it is maybe maybe not.
If (unlikely but possible) both compressors attempt to start at same time you might overload

Yes a residential fridge, ok thanks, we are in Central Florida, I'm sure we are going to lose power.

darsben1
Explorer
Explorer
residential fridge?
If it is maybe maybe not.
If (unlikely but possible) both compressors attempt to start at same time you might overload
Traveling with my best friend, my wife in a 1990 Southwind