cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Failed Again. Dometic Brisk Air II 15K Air Conditioner

smiggleburger
Explorer
Explorer
I recently discovered that my third Dometic 15K BTU AC in three years has failed again. Just like the last two times, it powers up, the compressor kicks in and blows air with zero degrees of cooling. Since the last one was installed in December of 2016, there is a good chance I can get it swapped again under warranty.

At this point I have no faith in Dometic air conditioners. I understand they had problems when manufacturing was moved to China.

I am ready to go into my pocket and buy a brand that is hopefully made in the US.

Has anyone had a Dometic AC installed or purchased a new RV in the last year or so and if so what have been your experiences with the Dometic?
2018 F-250 Super Duty 6.2L 3.73
2015 Bullet Premier 30RIPR
Hensley Arrow
21 REPLIES 21

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
smiggleburger wrote:
I recently discovered that my third Dometic 15K BTU AC in three years has failed again. Just like the last two times, it powers up, the compressor kicks in and blows air with zero degrees of cooling. Since the last one was installed in December of 2016, there is a good chance I can get it swapped again under warranty.

At this point I have no faith in Dometic air conditioners. I understand they had problems when manufacturing was moved to China.

I am ready to go into my pocket and buy a brand that is hopefully made in the US.

Has anyone had a Dometic AC installed or purchased a new RV in the last year or so and if so what have been your experiences with the Dometic?

Your warranty expired almost 1 year ago. Warranties only are viable for the duration of the ORIGINAL warranty date. You do not add on to the date the replacement was installed. But, you have a good case to get Dometic to step up and warranty this 3rd unit. You need to make sure you bring this up BEFORE the Service Center starts the warranty claim. They need to make sure Dometic understands, this is the 3rd AC in less than 2 years, so they need to proceed knowing the history of your RV. Doug

smiggleburger
Explorer
Explorer
The same model has been replaced each time. I will try and call Dometic and see if it is still within warranty. For some reason I can not find the invoice from when I had it replaced in Dec 2016. The S/N may be outside the warranty period.

I got a quote for $1200 to install a Coleman with the T-Stat mounted to the unit.
Hensley Arrow

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Big Katuna wrote:
When you break camp, do you turn it off at the thermostat or unplug the RV while itโ€™s running?

Explain why this would cause a major fault in the sealed system. Doug

Halmfamily
Explorer
Explorer
Is it the same unit replaced each time or three different units? As you've said Dometic had issues in the 2015 production line. I've had one replaced by Dometic and they gave a five year warranty on my other unit. The first one was replaced in May 2016 and has worked great.
2008 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW D/A 4x4 (Big All)
2006 Ford F350 PSD SRW King Ranch 4x4 (Henry) (Sold)
B&W Companion, 90 Aux Fuel Tank, Scan Gauge II, Curt f/m hitch, Swagman XC
2015 Forest River Sierra 360 PDEK
DW Diane, DS Michael, FB Draco and Sabian

smiggleburger
Explorer
Explorer
Definitely, shut it off via the thermostat and wait for the fans to stop running. I also should mention that all three AC's have had clean power courtesy of a Progressive Industries 50 amp EMS
Hensley Arrow

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
When you break camp, do you turn it off at the thermostat or unplug the RV while itโ€™s running?
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

neschultz
Explorer
Explorer
It is my understanding that bad solder was used in 2016. Mine was replaced in Jan 2018 under warranty and still working good.
Norman & Janet with Minnie the Weiner Dog
2005 SunnyBrook 38 BWQS 5th Wheel (stationary in FL for snowbirding)