cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Door Squeaking fixed!

Artum_Snowbird
Explorer
Explorer
Dougrainer posted a while back about fixing a door squeak. Ours tried to drive us crazy and really was bad.

I read Doug's post:

I know you believe it is the rubber. I work on motorhomes for a living and have for 38 years. I cannot remember the last time a door noise was caused by rubber on metal. The odds are you need to use lithium or white grease on the metal door latch mechanism. I have numerous customers that come in and state the same thing you state. I use white grease on the metal latch, we go for a test drive and the customer cannot believe it was such a simple fix. Doug

and when my rig came home I used lithium grease on the door latch mechanism. To my delight, the squeaking was totally gone.

Thanks Doug, that was the best advise I have seen in a long time!
Mike
2012 Winnebago Impulse Silver 26QP
2005 16.6 Double Eagle
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK
previously Snowbird Campers,
Triple E Motorhome and Fifth Wheel
4 REPLIES 4

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
.... When entering/exiting your RV be careful not to brush your cloths against any exposed latch mechanism parts that have been coated with lubricant!
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

maillemaker
Explorer
Explorer
I have lived with a squeaky driver door on our 1990 E350 Class C for years. A few weekends ago I decided to try and isolated. I also assumed it was the weatherstripping. Turned out the be the latching mechanism inside the door. Gave it a shot with some spray oil and the squeak is gone!

Steve
1990 Winnebago Warrior. "She may not look like much but she's got it where it counts!"

2_many_2
Explorer III
Explorer III
Me too, Doug helped me diagnose my A/C :B

Dave_H_M
Explorer
Explorer
I know what you mean. Sometimes can't believe the good stuff ole Doug takes time to post here.

I have had the same results with other ailments.