cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV door window

StirCrazy
Nomad III
Nomad III
so getting all the little things fixed up in the camper for this season.

so far I have remounted the new power center (bottom screws had pulled out) replaced the furnace motor (actualy had it rebuilt and I am putting it all back togeather today) but the big one is the rear door window.

last fall it slid down and I found some of the tabs were broken inside so with a little bit of crdboard and duct tape I riged it up for the rest of our trip. I was just going to get new frames and butal tape and so on but that was going to add up to 100 bucks but for 130 I can get THIS

I kinda like the idea of being able to see out the door window and it having a shade you can pull down if you want to sleep in past 5am, so I ordered it.. should be here in 2 to 5 days :B

has anyone installed these, any tips?

Thanks
Steve
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100
16 REPLIES 16

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Most RV windows in doors are obscure and useless. I have a window in the slides end right next to the door so no need for a door window.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

4x4van
Explorer
Explorer
Personally, I wouldn't want an RV door without a window; I like being able to see who's at the door prior to opening it. Mine has a pull-down roller shade in front of the door that can be used to block the window, but I have never actually used it; from the outside, a person is looking up at the interior ceiling, so privacy is not really compromised anyway.
We don't stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing!

2004 Itasca Sunrise M-30W
Carson enclosed ATV Trailer
-'85 ATC250R, '12 Husky TE310, '20 CanAm X3 X rs Turbo RR
Zieman Jetski Trailer
-'96 GTi, '96 Waveblaster II

StirCrazy
Nomad III
Nomad III
well the new window arived while I was at work yesterday. guess amazon is down to 3 days shipping from the 3 week shipping they have been for the last two years. so these days off as long as it isnt raining guess I know what I'm doing.
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

StirCrazy
Nomad III
Nomad III
Wade44 wrote:
Three years or so ago almost every towable RV made had a window in the door. Now most dont. Why? Because its cheaper for the manufacturer.

that and I think they realized you cant see through the rear view mirror through it anyways.. I kinda like having a window back there, but the shower glass chip patteren wasnt realy a window, just something to let more light in.
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

Wade44
Explorer
Explorer
Three years or so ago almost every towable RV made had a window in the door. Now most dont. Why? Because its cheaper for the manufacturer.
2018 Marathon H3-45
2019 GMC Sierra Denali (Toad)
2012 Grady White 271 Canyon

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
StirCrazy wrote:
fj12ryder wrote:
"heck I don't think I have ever used my screen door"

What do you use when it's very pleasant outside, and you don't want the bugs inside? I like the ventilation effect.

um, Im outside instead of sitting in the camper. to be honest, I use my camper for early spring late fall camping , the main camping season it is more than just me and the wife so we drag the 5th wheel around. when we do use the camper it is like I said spring/fall and we are usaly at some off the grid lake in the mountians so being to hot is not realy a concern. I don't think i hvae been camping in it yet where it was hot enough that I didnt at least think about the furnace.
I can certainly see that. Thank you for expanding on the subject.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

StirCrazy
Nomad III
Nomad III
Cummins12V98 wrote:
I said NO to a window in my door when ordering.

unfortunatly this was built 31 years ago and I just bought it 2 years ago so I didnt get that option :B
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

StirCrazy
Nomad III
Nomad III
fj12ryder wrote:

What do you use when it's very pleasant outside, and you don't want the bugs inside? I like the ventilation effect.

um, Im outside instead of sitting in the camper. to be honest, I use my camper for early spring late fall camping , the main camping season it is more than just me and the wife so we drag the 5th wheel around. when we do use the camper it is like I said spring/fall and we are usaly at some off the grid lake in the mountians so being to hot is not realy a concern. I don't think i hvae been camping in it yet where it was hot enough that I didnt at least think about the furnace.
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
I said NO to a window in my door when ordering.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

StirCrazy
Nomad III
Nomad III
JimJohnson wrote:
The only repetitive complaint I have heard is that you have to open the door to raise/lower the shade as the screen door is in the way. Personally, I would think folks could have figured that out before purchase and installation.

and while I didn't think about that before I ordered it, it isn't realy that big of a deal. when it is getting dark and you are in and out to go sit by the fire, close it.. in the morning you can just pop the door open and open it or wait till you go out first thing.. heck I don't think I have ever used my screen door, could take that right out also...
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

StirCrazy
Nomad III
Nomad III
corvettekent wrote:
It looks like a great idea but if you have a screen door how are you going the slide the shade open or close?

you know, thats a hell of a good point and it didn't even cross my mind. guess I'll have to open the door to work the shade.. since I already bought the kit haha
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
JimJohnson wrote:
The only repetitive complaint I have heard is that you have to open the door to raise/lower the shade as the screen door is in the way. Personally, I would think folks could have figured that out before purchase and installation.

This is why I opted to go with the Easy Window I have a valance above the door with a roll down shade that works well and I can get to it with out opening the screen door.Also when shade is rolled I have a total view outside,with the other the shade, when up takes away a some of the view thru the window.

It also opens so I can get more air in,I only have a small window on that side of the RV.

I am sure you will like this addition to your camper,good luck with the install.It is really helpful to have another person to hold it in place.Don't ask me how I know :B
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

JimJohnson
Explorer
Explorer