cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Brake Issue When Its Been Wet Out

ericosmith
Explorer
Explorer
Any time it's rained, whether it still is or not, I get an error message on my Prodigy P3. "Warning Overload No Trailer Brakes" On rare occasions it stays on while most of the time it only shows when actually applying the brakes. Sometimes it stays on steady with braking, other times the brakes cycle rapidly between working and not working. I'm not sure where to look as it never happens when I'm not moving. Any thoughts?
2 REPLIES 2

eHoefler
Explorer II
Explorer II
Check to see if you have wires running from one side to the other in the axle tube. Chances are you have a chaffed wire in the axle tube.
2021 Ram Limited, 3500, Crew Cab, 1075FTPD of Torque!, Max Tow, Long bed, 4 x 4, Dually,
2006 40' Landmark Mt. Rushmore

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Sounds like one of the wires needs to be replaced. That said Drum brakes do suffer from "Rain fade" more than disc do.

But this sounds like a connection is getting wet.. I'd do a good VISUAL inspection of the wires including the truck/trailer connector (plug socket) if any wires show signs that moisture might be getting in and causing a short either replace or GOOP it. (A very good adhesive/sealant most Auto and hardware and even some food stores carry it in the glue aisle)
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times