cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Battery monitor that connects to wifi

howardwheeler
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone know of a battery monitor like my Xantrex Linklite that will connect to Wifi? I know Victron has bluetooth shunts and monitors but i see no WiFi.
22 REPLIES 22

bdosborn
Explorer
Explorer
KJINTF wrote:
The Victron "solution" is way expensive, requires internet and a cloud login.

A Raspberry Pi is $35, the cable between the Victron battery monitor and the Pi is $25. I can access the battery monitor remote console over my local subnet without using the cloud access. It's not anywhere as robust as the VM portal but it gives basic info. Here's a link to what the remote console looks like:

Here's a link to the free Venus software for Raspberry Pi:
https://github.com/victronenergy/venus/wiki/raspberrypi-install-venus-image

Buce
2010 6.5'X11' TTT - Boxcar
Custom Frame, Poptop, AC, Espar Diesel Furnace, HW Heater, Sink, Shower, 12V-120V, LED Lights, TV and XM Radio, DVD Player, 300W PV Panels, PD 9140 Charger, Tongue Box, Filon Exterior, 1000W Generator, Patient Wife
Boxcar Build

howardwheeler
Explorer
Explorer
The trimetric might work but I notice it doesnโ€™t seem to read anything in amphours like my Linklite. My LinkLite gives volts amps in and out at a given time and amp hours used over time or put in over time. Am I missing something?

KJINTF
Explorer
Explorer
Researched both the Trimetric and Victron WiFi enabled stuff. No go, still looking for a suitable solution. A conversation with Bogart Trimetric said my "OLD" 2025 unit was obsolete they REQUIRE a 2030 with updated software. The Victron "solution" is way expensive, requires internet and a cloud login. Yes there is a difference between WiFi and internet. One of my local LANs never sees the internet, too many hackers! No way do I desire the "cloud" looking at all my devices.

Continuing to look for a solution

KJINTF
Explorer
Explorer
Following......
Been looking for a while now. Nothing that suits my needs just yet hope someone has a solution for the OP and myself.
Sure would be nice to have a simple battery voltage monitor that broadcasts a WiFi signal to my local LAN. Found several that do their own priority RF connections and or short range Bluetooth but nothing that can be accessed remotely via WiFi that acts as a AP and broadcasts to my Local LAN.

EMD360
Explorer
Explorer
I have the Cerbo. Itโ€™s not difficult to install. I added WiFi to the RV as an additional line in my t-mobile account and bought their WiFi device on the payment plan. If I had bought other Victron equipment I would have more information. But I didnโ€™t realize that adding on a little at a time. I have the battery monitor and the MPPT controller.

2018 Minnie Winnie 25b New to us 3/2021
Former Rental Owners Club #137
2003 Itasca Spirit 22e 2009-2021

bdosborn
Explorer
Explorer
Victron battery monitors and PV controllers will connect to WiFi but you'll need to add a Raspberry Pi running Victron Venus software or add a Cerbo GX unit to do it.
Bruce
2010 6.5'X11' TTT - Boxcar
Custom Frame, Poptop, AC, Espar Diesel Furnace, HW Heater, Sink, Shower, 12V-120V, LED Lights, TV and XM Radio, DVD Player, 300W PV Panels, PD 9140 Charger, Tongue Box, Filon Exterior, 1000W Generator, Patient Wife
Boxcar Build

howardwheeler
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you! I'll look into that.

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
howardwheeler wrote:
Does anyone know of a battery monitor like my Xantrex Linklite that will connect to Wifi? I know Victron has bluetooth shunts and monitors but i see no WiFi.

Howard,

The Trimetric series from Bogart Engineering has a WiFi model to connect to their battery monitors.

Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.