cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Backup Camera Replacement - AWESOME Help

Bill_Diana
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for some advice & recommendations.

I need to replace the backup camera in my 35 foot motorhome. I would like to do the work myself, so therefore thinking a wireless camera would be best.

How well do the wireless camera & monitors work? Is there a specific brand / model that is better than others?

Thanks in advance for your help.

UPDATE...for the past few days I have been doing research on backup monitor systems. There is so much to choose from. Finally I called RVCAMS.com and spoke with Tim. He answered all my questions and gave me what I consider excellent, honest advice. I will be purchasing my new system from RVCams.com click here
5 REPLIES 5

Bill_Diana
Explorer
Explorer
Just now made my decision to purchase the new backup camera kit from RVCAMS.com. I had several email & telephone conversations with Tim and I'm 100% pleased. The new camera will arrive on Wednesday and I have to begin installation as soon as the weather gets just a bit cooler.

Click here to see the item purchased. I did upgrade the camera and also selected a different mounting bracket.

The customer service & help by Tim @ RVCams.com was excellent.

Bill_Diana
Explorer
Explorer
otrfun wrote:
This backup camera (~$110) has some great reviews on Amazon (78% 5-star, 2% 1-star). It's wireless and uses a license plate mounted camera. If your backup lights (a good power source for the camera) are close to the license plate that could make it a very easy install.

Thanks otrfun for the suggestion. I see lots of wireless cameras but have concern about quality of signal. I'm still looking and trying to make a decision.

otrfun
Explorer II
Explorer II
This backup camera (~$110) has some great reviews on Amazon (78% 5-star, 2% 1-star). It's wireless and uses a license plate mounted camera. If your backup lights (a good power source for the camera) are close to the license plate that could make it a very easy install.

Bill_Diana
Explorer
Explorer
riven1950 wrote:
The furrion we have now works fine. I do not like the 5" screen.

I put an off brand on a previous TT that cost about 100.00. It had a nice bright 7 " screen. Problem was the wireless signal not as good. I would take that one hard wired over the Furrion we have now, but the new TT was set up for Furrion and so I drank the Kool Aid. Works good, just wish I had a 7" screen

Thanks for your guidance.

riven1950
Explorer
Explorer
The furrion we have now works fine. I do not like the 5" screen.

I put an off brand on a previous TT that cost about 100.00. It had a nice bright 7 " screen. Problem was the wireless signal not as good. I would take that one hard wired over the Furrion we have now, but the new TT was set up for Furrion and so I drank the Kool Aid. Works good, just wish I had a 7" screen