cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Security Camera needs replacement

DD716TED
Explorer
Explorer
For the past several years, when we are away from home in the trailer, I had installed 2 Samsung wifi SmartCam's at the house so I could (1) check on a critical water prone area and (2)Shop Door when away from home.. This was done as the cameras connected to my wifi router and me using the SmartCam App on my Android phone which provided live video as well as alerts if someone approached the house... All good things must come to an end as the system is starting to fail on a regular basis.. Time for replacement.. Looking for in-expensive recommendations for a new system to replace the one that is failing.. Any thoughts for me to look into? Hope everybody is staying safe and enjoying their travels wherever!!
7 REPLIES 7

wopachop
Explorer
Explorer
How do you smart guys share a pic from your cell phone to this forum?

austinjenna
Explorer
Explorer
Literally just today I made my own ring spotlight knockoff. Motion sensor from lowes at $36. Wyze cam $20. Outdoor cover is around $7. Can take a pic tomorrow.

Nice, please post a pic. I have a Lorex system and also a few Wyze cams but they are indoor units and would like to see how you did it.

2010 F350 CC Lariat 4x4 Short Bed
2011 Crusader 298BDS 5th Wheel
Reese 16K

wopachop
Explorer
Explorer
Avoid wireless for your situation.
Wyze Pan Cam would be perfect. ($35)
Wyze Cam V2 is also great. Like mentioned above you can find then for 20 bucks. I have 7 of them. All are outdoor. You can buy a 3 pack of outdoor covers that work decent.

Only negative I have after 2 years is some of my cans are not storing to the sd card. I think it's because Wyze released a pay service called wyze plus. In trying their free 14 day trial right now. Wasn't on purpose they forced it when I restarted a camera. I'm hoping there are bugs causing the SD card problem.

Other than that for 20 bucks the wyze cams rule the market. Also have a $250 ring spotlight and hate it. Been 2 or 3 years.

Literally just today I made my own ring spotlight knockoff. Motion sensor from lowes at $36. Wyze cam $20. Outdoor cover is around $7. Can take a pic tomorrow.

NatParkJunkie
Explorer
Explorer
Wyze camera. currently $25. frequently on sale for $20.
It has motion, people, and sound alarms with no subscription cost.

https://www.amazon.com/Wyze-Indoor-Wireless-Camera-Vision/dp/B076H3SRXG/ref=sr_1_3?crid=3BJR6J6LI7MFD&dchild=1&keywords=wyze%2Bcam&qid=1599180712&sprefix=wyze%2Caps%2C176&sr=8-3&th=1

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
Ring and SimpliSage alsoave wifi cams.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

guidry
Explorer
Explorer
Look at Amcrest cameras. $80 each, wireless except for electrical. Scan the barcode on the back and it downloads to your phone.

gdweb
Explorer
Explorer
we have been using the arlo system for several years now. wireless, goes thru wifi and we can go live or get alerts on the phone.
SEMPER FI

Gary & Diane
Ky
2020 F250 King Ranch 6.7l FX4
2013 Sundance 3270res