cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Atwood Furnace

Slownsy
Explorer
Explorer
Atwood hydro flame model 2334. Furnace did not appear to be heating properly, came home and washed FW then tried to start it again, but with no success, removed outside cover and found som water inside being splattered around by the blower and combustion wheel. Vacuumed and blew it out and tried again. I managed to get it to start again but only for about 4-5 seconds cut out and did again 3times before stopping. Red light flash 2 times for a soft lockout ignition failure. But it started as I could hear the flame roar and feel the exhaust being hot before cutting out. I suspect the flame sensor? . I also found some evidence of wasp nests so trying to remove gas valve etc but canโ€™t find a socket to fit the screws at back which holds it in. Size of socket please and am I on the right track.
As I am in Australia I am in a bit of a pickle.
Thanks for any help
Frank.
Frank
2012 F250 XLT
4x4 Super Cab
8' Tray 6.2lt, 3.7 Diff.
7 REPLIES 7

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
I have found the majority of my parts on Ebay and Amazon. Dealers don't stock anything! Everything is special order!

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

Slownsy
Explorer
Explorer
Has given op on the furnace, to many different things out of stock etc as expensive. Will purchase a new diesel parking heater for less than $150.
Thanks all
Frank p
Frank
2012 F250 XLT
4x4 Super Cab
8' Tray 6.2lt, 3.7 Diff.

3_tons
Explorer
Explorer
Most unfortunately IMO Atwood was bought out by Dometicโ€ฆ

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Flame sensor probe is the ignitor probe as WA8yxm stated earlier. failure is normally in the circuit board.
Look at your water heater circuit board, It could be same board. If they are switch them and see if it operates.
Amazon Dinosaur circuit board
The circuit board is in the outside access. Normally held in place by wing nut. Loosen wing nut and it should slide out. Contacts could be dirty or corroded. Clean with white pencil eraser. Good idea to coat contacts with electrical de-oxidation grease.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

Slownsy
Explorer
Explorer
Ok thanks so far for advice, I will try to find or purchase a 1/4โ€ socket and maybe get circuit boards out , but still think it is more likely to be the sparkler com censor as it dos start and heat for about 5 seconds but could also possibly be board, I will try to get gas valve etc out to inspect and clean first.
Thanks Frank.
Frank
2012 F250 XLT
4x4 Super Cab
8' Tray 6.2lt, 3.7 Diff.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Another thing on Dinosaur boards in a separate ground wire on some. This prevents larger current flows from going through circuit board components.
Dinosaurelectronics.com and available on Amazon.
OP: remove the circuit board and lay it out in the sun for a few hours. I know it is wintertime down-under!
Socket should be 1/4 inch US. Think that is 6.5 MM

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Atwood. as I recall. uses a single wire ignition/sensor system where the spark rod is the flame sensor.

Sparks are about 1000 volts ac... Flame sensor about 1/2 volt DC

A switch protects the chip that detects the half volt (0.480 to be more precise some folks nag on that half is easier to type).

Imagine what happens to that chip when the switch fails to protect (POP goes the detector).

When that happned to me I got a Dinosaur board to replace it .. When I opened the box this trained electronics tech noticed QUALITY... (That's a good thing) and upon a closer inspection I found a part not on the OEM board.. A Gas Discharge Bulb (like a old Neon Night light bulb. in fact might well have been an NE2 (The old neon night light was either an NE2 or NE2H (high brightness).

It was positioned right about where I'd expect the detector chip to be.. A back up protection device perhaps? That board lasted a long time.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times