cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guess Who's Coming To Dinner?

CatandJim
Explorer
Explorer
Yes indeed we will have a guest tonight and for how long I am not completely sure, perhaps maybe forever.

Introducing Chewy, although I believe his real name is Louie. We are taking him as a "foster to adopt" tonight.

Chewy / Louie

He was found as a stray, skin & bones, flea infested, with skin problems and a badly injured/infected right eye. Poor little guy, his eye had to be removed after it didn't respond well to treatment. We all have our bumps, bruises and imperfections don't we? I think he is adorable and for some reason when I looked at his picture the first time... even before I found out about his eye, I said to myself "Hello Louie". I think that works even better for a one eyed dog. :W

He has been waiting a while for a forever home and his foster mom is rather attached to him but she is willing to let him stay with us.. That is, if he gets along with Bella, the cats, & my husband he will be staying. Don't worry Jimmy is a big softie. 🙂

Cat

(Jim just reads the forum once in a while)

Our toys:
2003 Damon Ultrasport 3873
(picture on profile)
Boat = ProCraft Fish & Ski

Working our way toward retirement...wishing it was soon.
27 REPLIES 27

Code2High
Explorer
Explorer
Oddly enough, I have seen some pug mixes that turn out long legged like that.
susan

Fuzzy Wuzzy was a wabbit, Fuzzy Wuzzy had a dandelion habit! RIP little Wuz... don't go far.

CatandJim
Explorer
Explorer
CA POPPY wrote:
Cat, I think you have the latest "designer dog." Now everybody will want one! :B

🙂

Ha ha! You may be right, he could have been a designer attempt. He's a good boy. The only small challenge is he isn't too fond of being crated while I work my part time job. He will get better with it, I'm sure.

Cat

Our toys:
(picture on profile)

CA_POPPY
Explorer
Explorer
Cat, I think you have the latest "designer dog." Now everybody will want one! :B
Judy & Bud (Judy usually the one talking here)
Darcy the Min Pin
2004 Pleasure-Way Excel TD
California poppies in the background

TugCE
Explorer
Explorer
CatandJim wrote:
dturm wrote:
That's great that things are working out. Louie looks like he's really tall, has long legs. Very interesting body shape :B

Yes, he is a very interesting mix. 🙂

I would say some Lhasa, maybe some Poodle and the vet says perhaps some Brussels Griffon thrown in there. His head is about knee high and he is a rather lightweight 18 pounds. He is a very sweet boy, our one eyed Louie. 😉

He & Bella cozied up together in the doggy bed last night. Pretty quick for that type of bonding, since he just arrived on Monday. I will try to get a picture of them together loaded into a host site soon.

Wow, you are right that is quick.:B I hope that you and Louie have many happy years together.
I am a Retired U.S. Merchant Marine Chief Engineer
05 Chevy 2500 4x4 D/A with Helper Springs and Air Ride Air Bags
(06 R-Vision RW3360 Fifth Wheel Toy Hauler) - Totaled by Irma 2017
97 FLTCI converted into a Roadsmith Trike by The Trike Shop of Daytona

CatandJim
Explorer
Explorer
dturm wrote:
That's great that things are working out. Louie looks like he's really tall, has long legs. Very interesting body shape :B

Yes, he is a very interesting mix. 🙂

I would say some Lhasa, maybe some Poodle and the vet says perhaps some Brussels Griffon thrown in there. His head is about knee high and he is a rather lightweight 18 pounds. He is a very sweet boy, our one eyed Louie. 😉

He & Bella cozied up together in the doggy bed last night. Pretty quick for that type of bonding, since he just arrived on Monday. I will try to get a picture of them together loaded into a host site soon.

Cat

Our toys:
(picture on profile)

nana23
Explorer
Explorer
What a cutie! He looks like he will be a fun and loving new member of your family. Congratulations to you and to Louie.

Eileen
Don, Eileen and our 4-legged "kids"
Sophie, Riley and Tessa with
Taz and Cody waiting at the Rainbow Bridge and always in our hearts

Happytraveler
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations on your new addition, such a cutie.
Charlie, a male Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier
Katie, a female Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier

dturm
Doug & Sandy
Kaylee
Winnie 6 1/2 year old golden
2008 Southwind 2009 Honda CRV

nabi
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats....Louie is gorgeous...look at those legs...glad Bella is ok with the new addition, makes everything so much easier that way....

chrisnpat
Explorer
Explorer
Louie is really cute Cat, sounds like all is good again in your household.....Have fun getting to know him.
Christine and Patrick
Cocker Spaniels
Trevor and two Fosters Kahlua and Blossom
Life is What happens to you while your busy making plans.

USA_Traveler
Explorer
Explorer
Chewy is definitely a cutie!!! Chanel had long legs like this when I first rescued her, but she has since filled out and is kinda balanced = physically not mentally:)
Cody Dillon & Chanel Dion (Maltese), Brandi (mix)
2007 40' Monaco Knight, towing a 2009 Pontiac G6 hardtop convertible
Chunky,Cassie,Corky,Cammie-Maltese at Rainbow Bridge
Tinky-Gray Tabbie - Rainbow Bridge

CatandJim
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone.

Last night went very well. Bella seems to have accepted him, she was even willing to share our laps with him so that is a good sign. Both of them whined when put in their crates this morning (Bella has never done that) so I turned them to face each other and they quieted right down. I bought a wire crate large enough for both of them at lunch today, that may solve that little problem.

I think little Louie is a great fit for our home.

:B

Cat

Our toys:
(picture on profile)

RBak
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations Cat! What a cutie, and what a lucky dog. Wishing you many happy years and memories.

Rita

CA_POPPY
Explorer
Explorer
...need a photo of Bella and Louie!
Judy & Bud (Judy usually the one talking here)
Darcy the Min Pin
2004 Pleasure-Way Excel TD
California poppies in the background