Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
26 REPLIES 26

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
mr. ed wrote:
NRALIFR wrote:
Power cords, maybe. It depends on if the plugs look safe and there’s actually adequate power available. In that specific situation I’d suspect there isn’t, and it would probably be more trouble than it’s worth.

The water hoses, I’ve never gotten that nonsense. I use my hose to fill my tank, period.

:):)

I've done the same as you. I never hooked up my water hose directly to my RV, but filled the tank instead. I felt uncomfortable having water pressure constantly in the lines and preferred to pressurize only when needed. That way, if there's a leak, damage may be minimized. If my water pump cycled too frequently when no water was being used, I would know there was a leakage somewhere (usually a faucet not completely shut off).

I do the same thing.

But, I also camp close to my home and I don't always trust the water at parks. I can carry enough water with me to take care of my weekend camping trips.

mr__ed
Explorer
Explorer
NRALIFR wrote:
Power cords, maybe. It depends on if the plugs look safe and there’s actually adequate power available. In that specific situation I’d suspect there isn’t, and it would probably be more trouble than it’s worth.

The water hoses, I’ve never gotten that nonsense. I use my hose to fill my tank, period.

:):)

I've done the same as you. I never hooked up my water hose directly to my RV, but filled the tank instead. I felt uncomfortable having water pressure constantly in the lines and preferred to pressurize only when needed. That way, if there's a leak, damage may be minimized. If my water pump cycled too frequently when no water was being used, I would know there was a leakage somewhere (usually a faucet not completely shut off).
Mr. Ed (fulltiming since 1987)
Life is fragile. Handle with prayer.

2007 Hitchhiker II LS Model 29.5 LKTG (sold)
2007 Dodge Ram 3500/6.7 CTD/QC/4X4/SB/SRW/6-speed man/Big Horn edition (sold)

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
Looks like the Heartland National Rally I was at several years ago in Goshen.
B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Anyone who has done anything like any festival has had to deal with that.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

FlatBroke
Explorer
Explorer
They have power like that everywhere in Mexico. No one seemed concerned there.

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS

mobeewan
Explorer
Explorer
ford truck guy wrote:
time2roll wrote:
Yes. Why not? Connect my water too.

that looks like a NASCAR race hook up !

Gives a whole new meaning to Pole position.

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
dodge guy wrote:
IDE love to meet the electrician that wired the pedestal up. He is a god for it to not be smoking!

Not really; the circuit breaker just pops if there's more current than things are rated to handle. There's no real difference between five RVs each consuming 5 amps and one RV consuming 25A; either one would be okay on a 30A circuit, and indeed the pedestal would not "know" anything different one way or the other.

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
IDE love to meet the electrician that wired the pedestal up. He is a god for it to not be smoking!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

lakeside013104
Explorer
Explorer
Nope, I would not add to that mess. I can live off solar power for what my needs are.

Lakeside

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
DarkSkySeeker wrote:
It looks like that wall outlet in "A Christmas Story".

LOL I was just thinking of that

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Fire marshals come around often?
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Arcamper
Explorer
Explorer
DarkSkySeeker wrote:

Yep, it's just one to many!
2016 Montana 3100RL Legacy(LT's,Joy Rider 2's,disc brakes)
2014 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie Cummins/Aisin 14,000 GVWR
2014 Ford Expedition Limited, HD tow pkg
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
1999 Stingray 240LS
1994 Chevy 1500 5.7 PU
2018 John Deere 1025R
B&W RVK3600 Hitch

Hondavalk
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like a typical fairgrounds to me. Been doing that at county fairs for 40 years. NP. Usually the biggest issue is hose weight on the water spigot.

DarkSkySeeker
Explorer
Explorer
There is something special about camping in an RV.