cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Where have all the members gone on this forum?

Thunder_Mountai
Explorer II
Explorer II
Couldn't figure any other place to ask this question... I've been here since 2005. Have no idea how many posts I've done during that time. Back a several years ago I could ask a question about something and get numerous answers quickly. In the last couple of years I've noticed a very real decline in the activity on RV.NET. So, where has everybody gone? Other forums, Facebook, etc.
2016 Winnebago Journey 40R
2018 Rubicon
1982 FJ40 Toyota Land Cruiser
2020 Keystone Outback 327CG
2020 Dodge Ram 2500
Polaris RZR XP 1000
4 Cats
3 Dogs
1 Bottle of Jack Daniels
Two old hippies still trying to find ourselves!
124 REPLIES 124

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
This forum has done little to improve itself in the past ten years. The snarky responses qnd the boiler plate comments are turn offs. We all know where most of the replies are headed before they get posted. "Honda is good", "Harbor Freight is bad", "Chinese tires are only good for stqrting fires", "Do a search, we have talked about this before". That, plus a couple of moderqators who think they are above reproach ensures less participation. I find brand specific forums a lot more friendly and usable. But that's just me.

TechWriter
Explorer
Explorer
Matt_Colie wrote:
This is why the only thing I post on FB is RTM.

I believe that's "RTFM", Matt.
2004 - 2010 Part Timer (35โ€™ 2004 National RV Sea Breeze 8341 - Workhorse)
2010 - 2021 Full Timer (41โ€™ 2001 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095 DP - Cummins)
2021 - ??? Part Timer (31โ€™ 2001 National RV Sea View 8311 - Ford)
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
chuckbear wrote:
I have posted a few times but after the snarky responses and a multitude of answers to questions I never asked. I have pretty much given up here. There are other forums out there that have people willing to respond with answers that actually pertain to my post. So that's where I go for help or information. Chuck

Well Chuckbear,
Let me save you a lot of time and possible curiosity.
Don't post a question of any technical or important knowledge on Farce Book.
You will get:
Lots of fast answers
60% wrong answers
5~10% actual correct answers that may be obtuse
30% answers that do not relate to the posted question
20% trying to make your question sound stupid

This is why the only thing I post on FB is RTM.
Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

Cocky_Camper
Explorer
Explorer
The information on the internet has expended vastly in the last 17 years. Many watch youtube videos to get their information. Sadly, many internet type forums are vanishing.
2004 Sea Breeze by National RV - 8341

Former Coaches:
2006 Keystone Zeppeline 291 - TT
2000 Aerolite Cub F21 - Hybrid TT
1991 Coleman Pop Up

Formerly known as: hybrid_camper

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
And yet here you are still hanging around. Glutton for punishment? ๐Ÿ™‚
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

chuckbear
Explorer
Explorer
I have posted a few times but after the snarky responses and a multitude of answers to questions I never asked. I have pretty much given up here. There are other forums out there that have people willing to respond with answers that actually pertain to my post. So that's where I go for help or information. Chuck

Caveman_Charlie
Explorer
Explorer
BobsYourUncle wrote:
I'm still here! Do I count? :B

Have to admit, I'm in here almost every day, mainly lurking, reading stuff, posting here and there, not so often any more.

I don't do Wastebook of myface or yourspace or flutter, twistedgram or twitface or any of those things. For me it's a waste of time.

I like this forum, always have. But yeah, I've seen a lot of folks come and go, and many just disappear.

But I'm still here!

And somebody, somewhere, owns a camper that they bought used and they are wondering why every time when they turn on the furnace the camper smells like butter.
1993 Cobra Sunrise, 20 foot Travel Trailer.

Caveman_Charlie
Explorer
Explorer
I still check the posts here about once a week or so. There isn't as much traffic as there used to be and by the time I read the question it has already been answered by someone. I've learned so much here that I don't have many questions of my own anymore. It seems like things change on the web and sites ebb and flow. At one time I was very active on a car site called "Ford Vs Chevy" . Then it kinda dried up and died within a year or so. The last time I checked it didn't even exist anymore. Things change and people move on.
1993 Cobra Sunrise, 20 foot Travel Trailer.

Thunder_Mountai
Explorer II
Explorer II
OP here... I think my original post generated more responses than any I have ever posted. Your responses got me to thinking about some things. When I have a question about something I do a search on the internet which many times either takes me to Youtube or archived answers, IRV2 or other specialized topic forums. I personally don't spend as much time on this forum because responses are too often off topic or the respondent obviously didn't read the original posting.

Thanks fellow RVers for your food for thought. Be safe out there and have fun.
2016 Winnebago Journey 40R
2018 Rubicon
1982 FJ40 Toyota Land Cruiser
2020 Keystone Outback 327CG
2020 Dodge Ram 2500
Polaris RZR XP 1000
4 Cats
3 Dogs
1 Bottle of Jack Daniels
Two old hippies still trying to find ourselves!

pbeverly
Explorer III
Explorer III
I am newer to these forums and pretty much visit daily.

I follow some FB groups as well. The FB groups are mostly focused on camping in various states and one if for my type of camper.

If I am going to ask serious RV type questions I am going to ask here.

FB groups are a lot like a big convention. People wander over to a table and the same questions get asked over and over. While FB has good search functionality within the groups, very few people take the time to do a search.

FB groups are great for short little conversations while forums like this are more suitable for longer and more in depth conversations.

Some moderators are heavy handed on FB and others need to step up the enforcement of rules. The moderation helps keep the level of **** being posted down. When following a few groups the less **** the better. With forums like this things are divided into interest and then while in a section you can see a subject title which gives you a clue whether you want to go in and check out the conversation.

Now here on this forum some subjects could be improved upon, they give you no clue what the conversation is about.

The forums I follow here currently has decent activity. Maybe not what it was but usually something new every could days or so, so not too overwhelming to keep up with.
Ridgeway, SC
2019 26DBH Grey Wolf

dieseltruckdriv
Explorer II
Explorer II
I will admit to taking a self imposed hiatus from the weight police. I did find myself missing these forums though, so I have been back for several years. I just tend to ignore the posts that mean well but are really clueless.
2000 F-250 7.3 Powerstroke
2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
I am not here and pretty sure you aren't either!:C

FlatBroke
Explorer
Explorer
Been here 20 years, Iโ€™ve learned that the RV industry still builds junk. Same stuff posted year after year.

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Exactly my earlier point.
He was full of valuable knowledge and insights, but not so good with people.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

dedmiston
SDcampowneroperator wrote:
I will stick around, after 44 years of rving, 5 years full time, 4 of them through winters in ????. then 19 years a GS camp, owner with now 20 years snowbirding-- NEVER in the same place. I think I ve been around the block.
I read here nearly everyday, I still post occasionally when a hot button post catches my attention that Ive had experience with. I get challenged to
Members that are no longer active? Yes I miss Francesca Knowles her humor the lighter side, Randy Shanks that got me new graphics for our Carriage 5er, even
( appropriately? ) banned westernrvpark owner
. His ascerbic approach to educating rvers ro the reality of camp ownership and operation was not popular amongst the gov. cheap camp crowd. He did deserve a lesson in clean language,
I thoroughly enjoy comments from wapitycountry as another camp owner who steps in with educational comments about the challenges faced in travel and business.
I have met with Ann Emerson, editor and publisher of the GS travel guide, Bob Chamness, manager of the GS travel teams and so many more movers and shakers in the outdoor hospitality industry. Yup even camping world owner Marcus.
I am another who does not fb insta, tweet,
Max

I'm pretty sure he showed himself to the door two years ago. I don't think he was banned. He was full of valuable knowledge and insights, but not so good with people.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230