cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What the heck?……..

_1Flyboy
Explorer
Explorer
….. Had some RV’ers come up the mountain for a long weekend. They pulled into 3 different spots & couldn’t get any reception for watching TV… Away they went…. Guess we all have different priorities for what is necessary for some great camping….
26 REPLIES 26

mleekamp
Explorer
Explorer
When camping, I always enjoy a good book...fiction...to pass the time. Preferably outside, sitting in a camp chair. With a beverage. Dog at my feet.

And for the past few years, if we watch TV in the camper, it' usually Little house on the prairie DVD -- always seems fitting to watch when camping.

But that's just me!

RetiredRealtorR
Explorer
Explorer
camper19709 wrote:
I like my TV but have camped with no reception. Usually the scenery makes up for no TV.

Usually where we camp the scenery goes away at night :W .... that's when the TV comes on!
. . . never confuse education with intelligence, nor motion with progress

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
We only really use our TV to give the kids (10,8,4) some downtime to cool off, have snacks and rehydrate.
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
Less people the better and I have happily camped many times without TV with plenty of paperback books and DVD movies plus Kendle Reader for campsite relaxation when not hiking or fishing. Did I say the less people the better.

In May I spent a week at large Brannan Island SP with the almost empty campground all to myself and I was under large willow Tree for continuous shade. Just before that I stayed 10 days at Bodega Bay Dunes SP for camp/fish and plenty of empty spaces during the week. All is good life is good. Cheers from Bodega Bay.

PartyOf_Five
Explorer
Explorer
Removed the (15 yr old) 13" tube TV when we bought and haven't missed a screen. When it rains, we may sit around a laptop / hotspot/ YouTube but we usually have more desert and chit chat. As for cell service after they're asleep, that's a different story! ??
PartyOf5 appreciating our Creator thru the created. 5 yrsL 50k, 49 states & 9 provinces.

May you find Peace in all you endeavor.

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
Went out and found 2 grizzlies in Glacier NP tonight...now we are sitting back in our recliners watching a movie...

I'll say 3 Hail Mary's to attone for my sins. Thank you for saving me.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

camper19709
Explorer
Explorer
I like my TV but have camped with no reception. Usually the scenery makes up for no TV.
Chip
06 SurfSide
30ft class A
2 slides
Ford V10 chassis
04 Chevy Astro van toad

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
We have 4 TVs in our RV. We use them all (but not at the same time as there are just two of us). How do you survive with just one tv?

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
So you did not point out the tree with a cable connection?

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
Our trailer has a huge rear window and a TV on a lift that stores in the cabinet. push a button and up it comes, obsuring the great view, So we keep it down. It took our grandkids 4 years before the found out the trailer even had a TV. And then the response was "Why?

We've used it on rare occasions when it was to miserable to go outside and pop in a DVD we have, but that's it.

Evenings are usually around the fire playing games like pegs and jockers, dominoes, etc.

But then at home we seldom watch more than a few hours of TV in a week.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
What no TV when camping ? First thing after getting setup , up goes the satellite dish , never leave home without. After a hard day fishing here in Montana , a good dinner , and a movie , or some series on Netflix. Yes I experience the best in camping plus TV .

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
What's with them anyway? :h There are plenty of different ways to get TV. Surely they just took a side trip to get more equipment! :B
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob