Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What are you reading?

Naio
Explorer
Explorer
Let's share book ideas!

I'm currently reading Huckleberry Finn. Haven't read it since I was a kid and, no surprise, it's a lot more complex than I remembered :). And a good traveling book!

Also highly recommended, from my just-finished pile, Motoring with Mohammed. It's nothing about war -- it's a travelogue from the 80s, about Yemen. Beautifully written.
3/4 timing in a DIY van conversion. Backroads, mountains, boondocking, sometimes big cities for a change of pace.
540 REPLIES 540

JohnRa
Explorer
Explorer
I'm reading My American Journey by Colin Powell.

Kit_Carson
Explorer
Explorer
I have just started Killing Reagan by Bill O'Rielly. Very good book.
KIT CARSON
GOOD SAM LIFE MEMBER
USAF VETERAN
ARS: KE5VLE
NORTHWEST LOUISIANA

Opie431
Explorer
Explorer
I have been reading books on WWI. Everything from memoirs to history. I picked most of them up at garage sales or rummage sales very cheaply, knowing that sooner or latter I would want to read about the topic. I am on my fifth WWI book now and if that is not enough I might have to buy some new ones.

Kittykath
Explorer
Explorer
Wow, such good books people are reading. I have an Audible account and listen to all my books. I'm trudging through a few Steven King books myself. My husband has read nothing more than the newspaper since high school. While traveling on long trips, I subject him to Chelsea Handler. LOL! Makes us both laugh and cringe, but comedies can be tuned out without missing much.

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
When I was in school, I hated reading the classics. So little time to get into them and try to figure them out. A lot of those were included on my Kindle when I bought it years ago. Occasionally I read from that stash. Last year we visited Cajun country in Louisiana and I got hooked on the plight of these people. So I looked, and sure enough, "Evangeline" was included in those initial books. I read that and really enjoyed it. Will probably read it again, just to pick up on what I missed. Still not a great study of prose, but enjoyed it just the same. When you do a search about the Cajun people, this book is always the first that pops up. Not technically a history book, but a story of what life was like for many of these people.

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

AprilWhine
Explorer
Explorer
Science fiction on my Kindle
1997 Prevost by Angola towing 2014 Honda CRV
OR
2008 Winnebago View towing 2015 Fiat 1957 Anniversary Edition
Pick one

Gonzo42
Explorer
Explorer
All the "Killing" books by O'Reilly.

A patriot's history of the USA

Lone Survivor

American Sniper

A Seal at War

Culture of Corruption

Fast and Furious

The Amateur

Robert W. Service Best Tales of the Yukon

I read about 40 books a year, subscribe to about a dozen magazines (paper), a couple dozen newsletters, two newspapers (paper).

I need to get a life.
MOTHER SHIP Winnebago View 24H (2007 Dodge Sprinter 3500 Chassis, 2008 Body)3.0 L M-B Diesel V6 bought used with 24K miles. Toad: ROCKY the Flying Squirrel.

brirene
Explorer
Explorer
I'm currently "reading" (actually, I've gone to "listening" most of the time) The Lincoln Lawyer. Just finished the first of Shelby Foote's Civil War trilogy, which I've wanted to read forever. Taking a break before part 2.
Jayco Designer 30 RKS Medallion pkg, Trail Air pin
'05 F350 6.0 PSD CC 4x4 DRW LB B&W Companion, Edge Insight

โ€œCertainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard

Artum_Snowbird
Explorer
Explorer
Reading the Blue Horizon. It's a historical non-fiction research book about the history of naval travel for the last 50,000 years of mankind. Travel began in East Asia long before the last ice age only 14000 years ago, and sea levels were much lower than now so there was so much more land between islands.
Mike
2012 Winnebago Impulse Silver 26QP
2005 16.6 Double Eagle
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK
previously Snowbird Campers,
Triple E Motorhome and Fifth Wheel

tomman58
Explorer
Explorer
Generally in the winter I read between 30 and 40 books, some novels, historical and from many authors..

Boundary Waters william kent krueger
Starvation Lake bryan gruley
Tin Roof Blowdown James lee burke
The Bully Pulpit Doris Goodwin

on and on .......... All are hard backs as I have a kindle but don't like it.
2015 GMC D/A, CC 4x4/ Z71 ,3.73,IBC SLT+
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i
It must be time to go, the suns out and I've got a full tank of diesel!
We have a granite fireplace hearth! Love to be a little different.

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
RV Net, Facebook, newspapers, and a bunch of free e-books from Overdrive, courtesy of my local free public library. Mostly mysteries, and suspense,reading not for education or quality, just to pass time. Nice part is that there are hundreds of thousands of e-books out there for free, and we can access and download from anywhere there is internet access. During my career, I had to read so much and so fast, now I read for entertainment.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

Hank_53
Explorer
Explorer
I am reading "My life and work" by Henry Ford

pulsar
Explorer
Explorer
I've just started David Baldacci's Memory Man

A nonfiction book that I highly recommend is Paul Ingrassia's Engines of Change: A History of the American Dream in Fifteen Cars

Tom
2015 Meridian 36M
2006 CR-V toad
3 golden retrievers (Breeze, Jinks, Razz)
1 border collie (Boogie)

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
I'm reading the RV.NET Forum, and sometimes I wonder why. ๐Ÿ™‚

eubank
Explorer
Explorer
Gosh, that's a tough one. There's just so much really good stuff out there, including as ebooks online from the public library.

BTW, the combination of RVing and mystery seems to be growing. Kind of fun to do a search for "RV mysteries" on Amazon ebooks.

๐Ÿ™‚
Lynn