cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warren Buffett buys large stake in Pilot Flying J

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
He's going to buy 38.6% and plans to become the largest stakeholder over six years.

Clicky
Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.
19 REPLIES 19

Not applicable
On behalf of Pilot Flying J, this agreement does not impact Pilot Flying J’s loyalty programs.

Sincerely,
Good Sam Club Team
Good Sam Member Services

coolmom42
Explorer
Explorer
I expect it has something to do with the Haslam family getting out of the business. The governor of Tennessee, Bill Haslam, is going to run for the US Senate in 2018. The Haslam family says there is no connection in this article but.... cash on hand is always good.

The Haslam family will still own 50.1% but will decrease that to 20% by 2023, and Berkshire-Hathaway becoming the majority stockholder at that point.
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Warren and Charlie like oil and gas investments.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
Probably not. Warren is about making money (why he owns Forest River) among other companies. I bet Warren and Marcus are business friends.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

skipro
Explorer
Explorer
I wonder if this will have any impact on our Good Sam discount? I certainly take advantage of it.