cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

TPMS

Geobiker
Explorer
Explorer
I want to add a TPMS to my RV and toad, a Honda CRV. Looking strongly at the eezrv TPMS. Flow thru for the RV but not the Honda. Question, my Honda already has a TPMS, but I assume in order to have the RV & Honda tied together when towing I have to replace what is already on the Honda. That being said, and assuming that is correct, when not towing do I return the original TPMS to the Honda or just keep the eezr TPMS on the Honda?

Thanks in advance for your input.
10 REPLIES 10

Route_66_Travel
Explorer
Explorer
Route 66 Traveler wrote:
maillemaker wrote:
You can get a 4-tire system for like $50. 6-tire systems are like $200+

Where can you buy a quality 4-tire system for 50 bucks?

Wow, the first time I have ever answered my own question! Did a search on Amazon and found these fine products. Don't think I would trust them, but whatever floats your boat....

TPMS 1

TPMS 2

TPMS 3

Route_66_Travel
Explorer
Explorer
maillemaker wrote:
You can get a 4-tire system for like $50. 6-tire systems are like $200+

Where can you buy a quality 4-tire system for 50 bucks? Most monitors alone cost more than that. The sensors alone run about 40 bucks a piece if bought separately, so 6 sensors alone would be about 240 bucks.

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
maillemaker wrote:
I just hate the massive price jump from a 4-tire TPMS system to a 6-tire. It's insane. You can get a 4-tire system for like $50. 6-tire systems are like $200+

I think they smell "RV' and charge more.

Buy two of the cheap systems then. 8 tires for $100. Just make sure that cheap system will actually work with the higher pressures and temperatures typically used in RV tires. Sometimes you do get what you pay for...
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

maillemaker
Explorer
Explorer
I just hate the massive price jump from a 4-tire TPMS system to a 6-tire. It's insane. You can get a 4-tire system for like $50. 6-tire systems are like $200+

I think they smell "RV' and charge more.
1990 Winnebago Warrior. "She may not look like much but she's got it where it counts!"

Route_66_Travel
Explorer
Explorer
Dutch_12078 wrote:
The anti-theft covers on the EEZ sensors can be removed, making adding air no more difficult than removing a standard valve cap. Without the anti-theft covers, the sensors are smaller, lighter, and less noticeable. Sensor theft seems to be pretty much a non-issue as far as I've seen on the various RV forums. I took the covers off my TST sensors when I first got them about 5 years ago, and haven't lost one yet.

I have my anti-theft covers removed as well, never had any disappear in over 2 years. Amazon now sells most brands of these great gadgets...

georgelesley
Explorer
Explorer
I like the flowthru sensors. Ours (a different brand) use a set screw to hold them onto the valve stem. Taking them off is a bit more involved. Also, I have had problems getting them on just the right tightness and have had a few small leaks and damage to the internal โ€œOโ€ ring that seals it against the valve stem. The less I have to take them off and on, he better.

They have not been off now for three years, no problems.
George 20 yr USAF & Lesley

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
The anti-theft covers on the EEZ sensors can be removed, making adding air no more difficult than removing a standard valve cap. Without the anti-theft covers, the sensors are smaller, lighter, and less noticeable. Sensor theft seems to be pretty much a non-issue as far as I've seen on the various RV forums. I took the covers off my TST sensors when I first got them about 5 years ago, and haven't lost one yet.
Dutch

Route_66_Travel
Explorer
Explorer
I have the EEZ system on my TT and pickup. My Tundra has its own TPMS, so adding the EEZ is just in addition to the factory system. My Tundra doesn't show pressures or temperatures, just an idiot light if there is a problem.

Nothing would have to be replaced on your Honda Toad. When not towing the Honda's factory TPMS would still be functional as usual and the EEZ sensors would remain on the Honda. You could move the display from the RV to the Honda and then you could monitor just those tires, in addition to the factory TPMS. If you use your RV without your Toad, you can select just the one vehicle to be displayed.

I have the anti-theft sensors and they do making airing up a bit more difficult at times. I use the EEZ system now instead of a tire gauge, so it takes some extra time to get all tires at the same pressure.

The internal batteries on my display seldom need recharging. There is a cigarette lighter charging cord that is used for recharging..only takes an hour or two.

I have used the EEZ system now for over 2 years and I am completely satisfied with its operation. Depending on your RV length, you may need to also buy the signal booster to assure a strong signal link between the Toad and RV display.

There are many You Tube videos on this system, as well as other brands, so go have a look...

EEZ Products

8 tire Anti-Theft system

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Geobiker wrote:
Flow thru for the RV but not the Honda.
I wouldn't place a high value on the flow through, unless you're keeping the annoying anti-theft devices. Without those the units spin off as easily as any valve cap.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
Unless your Honda has aftermarket TPMS sensors screwed onto the valve stems, no changes are needed other than adding the new sensors for the combined RV and toad TPMS system. The new sensors will not interfere with the OEM Honda sensors.
Dutch