cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Towable vehicle’s

classctioga73
Explorer
Explorer
Can someone tell me if a 1994 Toyota Corolla manual transmission is able to tow with four wheels down behind my RV
Where can I find out this information?
4 REPLIES 4

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
Remco towing only lists back to 1996, but they do show the Corolla for that year as towable as is with the 5-speed manual transmission. As far as I can tell, the same 5-speed fits '94 to '97 at least...
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Manufacturer is the best source. Not opinions.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

lryrob9301
Explorer
Explorer
A vehicle that old will not be listed in any of the towing guides. Also, back then Toyota did not address recreational towing in it's owners manual. However, having been an engineer with Toyota at that time, your car can be flat towed with the manual transmission in neutral. One thing you will need to do is slightly overfill the differential case and transmission to insure good lubrication. Your biggest problem will be finding a baseplate for the car.

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
According to this 1994 dunghy guide, no.
However if possible locate and check an owners manual from the manufacturer to verify.
If you are going to continue to look for a vehicle, here are the available GS guides listed by year with links. Motorhome mag guides