cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Toad

gmatti
Explorer
Explorer
Getting ready for our first trip out with the new manual shift five speed Chevy Sonic toad. Owners manual says to pull the DLIS Fuse, put the car in neutral and turn the key to accessories. I don't understand why? If it is so the steering wheel won't lock I cannot make it lock anyway. Can anyone tell me why I can't just put the transmission in neutral and go?
Thanks,
Jerry
2 REPLIES 2

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
Are you sure the steering wheel does not lock?

On my manual transmission Fit the steering wheel still locks when the key is pulled. Once it is locked, putting in a key and turning to first notch unlocks it. The mechanism is subtle, compared to what they used to be. There is no interlock with the transmission, I can lock or unlock in any gear, and shift gears when the steering is locked.

The locks are mandatory equipment in many countries, so almost all cars sold globally have some sort of steering lock mechanism. Check with the dealer service department about whether or not the lock is there and working properly. Don't count on a salesman getting it right.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

neschultz
Explorer
Explorer
We have to turn the key on to unlock the steering wheel in our 2014 Sonic automatic so the fuse removal (I wired in a switch vs removing)keeps the battery from running down.
Norman & Janet with Minnie the Weiner Dog
2005 SunnyBrook 38 BWQS 5th Wheel (stationary in FL for snowbirding)