cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

tire damage claim

rhg
Explorer
Explorer
Had a blow out today returning from camp ground. Tire did extensive damage to tow vehicle. Is it possible to file a claim from the tire company for damage caused by blow out? has anyone done it before?
15 REPLIES 15

chiefneon
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:
"Good luck if its a Goodyear tire."

What stories do you have to back this statement up?

OP if the tire is a GY and the tire that blew was NOT from "Road Hazard" they will replace tire and pay for damages. If any other tire you will need to file an insurance claim.

Howdy!

Iโ€™ve had several claims with Goodyear and they have paid every time for tire replacement and damages to my RV. The last claim caused by GY tire separation was for over $9,000.00 which GY paid. Not a statement, itโ€™s a fact!

โ€œHappy Trailsโ€
Chiefneon

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
"Good luck if its a Goodyear tire."

What stories do you have to back this statement up?

OP if the tire is a GY and the tire that blew was NOT from "Road Hazard" they will replace tire and pay for damages. If any other tire you will need to file an insurance claim.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

hornet28
Explorer
Explorer
Did you talk with your insurance agent as I suggested earlier?

rhg
Explorer
Explorer
thanks for the responses, don't have any answers at this time. Dealer says that BFG commercial T/A on my personal truck did not have a warranty. When I bought tires, salesman spoke of 6 year warranty is primarily why I changed from good year to BFG on truck and trailer (5th wheel approx. 10,000 pounds loaded). Am continuing working on problem. Am at the point of one your suggestions to go to 1-800, not getting any satisfaction, just conversation at the local dealer. Thanks again for the responses.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
No answer on the damage?
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

SweetLou
Explorer
Explorer
chiefneon wrote:
Howdy!

Iโ€™ve had several claims with Goodyear tires that caused damage. Goodyear has paid every time for the damage and replace of all tires. Do not dispose of the tire they will want the tire shipped to them to be inspected.

โ€œHappy Trailsโ€
Chiefneon

I had the same done with Kumho tire
2013 3500 Cummins 6.7 Quadcab 4x4 3.73 68FE Trans, 2007 HitchHiker Discover America 329 RSB
We love our Westie

Hank85713
Explorer
Explorer
Had a BFG separate last year, called michelin and they 'indicated' they would stand for the damage. Sent in appraisals, sent in tire (they reimbursed for it and sent a UPS ticket). Never heard more from them. filed insurance claim ($4000+) and sent the info to insurance company about the process initiated by michellin, again never heard anything back. Never got any prorating on the bad tire they prorated the remainder tires (3) 75%. Still cost $1000 to replace all with alignment.

So lotsa luck or dont tell them you used your insurance to repair.

chiefneon
Explorer
Explorer
Howdy!

Iโ€™ve had several claims with Goodyear tires that caused damage. Goodyear has paid every time for the damage and replace of all tires. Do not dispose of the tire they will want the tire shipped to them to be inspected.

โ€œHappy Trailsโ€
Chiefneon

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
Good luck if its a Goodyear tire.

Do a 1-800 to your tire maker and get the straight info how they will handle claims or warranty issues.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

hornet28
Explorer
Explorer
I'm thinking this was a tire on your TV. Talk to your auto insurance agent. I've had that happen and they paid for it.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Get TPMS. Damage to tow vehicle? What kind? Never heard that before.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

jaycocamprs
Explorer
Explorer
If it was a Goodyear tire, take it to a Goodyear dealer and start the process. They "may" pay for damages. They did for us back in 2009. It takes a while, the dealer ships the tire to Akron. You have to get and turn in a damage estimate. I got my estimate from the Jayco dealer and used the date of trailer sale (new) as the tire in service date. For us it was worth the trouble.
2018 Silverado 3500 DRW
2011 Montana Mountaineer 285RLD

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Definitely need to know the brand of tire. Goodyear has reportedly paid for damage caused by their tires.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
Read the warranty you got with the tires. Probably limited to tire replacement.