cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

The Camco" Rhino"

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
Bought anew Rhinoflex hose because it was all they ha. Ends are different in they appear to not be able to removed and a new section of hose installed. The elboc for the discharge into the sewer connection is now cheaper clear plastic and will no doubt not last for those who stay connected for period sf time in the Southwestern sun. I may be wrong but the old nylon like translucent en lasted us over 12 years!
The hose behaves similar to the old stiff Rino but...birds put holes along the top of it the first day!!! It is basically the same soft vinyl or plastic as the cheap hoses we threw out years ago. The old hose laated over a decade, until a dog decided to chew on it, and a ham bone would not have survived either. And this repalcement, the only one available, at Wal Mart was almost $50.00 We paid, I can't remembe exctly but $20.00 or so for our old one.
I was able to get the removable ends from the old hose, still in excellent shape, if I can find the sections of hose like they sue to sell. One day's use and this new "maximizing profitability" Camco junk, nearly fifty dollar hos,e is in the trash. No doubt the wire coils in the hose are steel which would rust out in short order too, like the ones we threw away long ago.
9 REPLIES 9

edatlanta
Explorer
Explorer
MrWizard wrote:
my Rhino is 10yrs old,
it is the color of the 2nd one aka Rhino Flex
but
it has the fittings from the first one the Rhino Extreme

The same here. I think WM is just figuring out a way to sell a cheaper product which is a cheaper product, but is hiding what it is really is unless you KNOW what you are looking at. WM is famous for this.

The replacement hose for my 10 year old RhinoFlex is Camco #39681. This is a 15' section and the old removable ends, etc. work great.

http://www.camco.net/rhinoflex-rv-sewer-hose-hose-15-39681
Ed
KM4STL

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50C, TST Systems 507 TPMS
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS,Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP
Fulltime since 2010

MrWizard
my Rhino is 10yrs old,
it is the color of the 2nd one aka Rhino Flex
but
it has the fittings from the first one the Rhino Extreme
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
I retrieved the old Rino Extreme, cut off the two ends past where dog had bitten holes, refitted the ends which was easy. There is wire reinforcement in the outside pleats. Bought packet of new gaskets. They fit the old end that engages the sewer end and the other end which fits the coach. They would not have fitted the new Rino Flex. Same as inch to metric comparison. Had ten foot extension in the bay.Between the two pieces I have about 25' if needed. The extra end I bought would not fit the od Rino Extreme tubing. So If i can find the stiff Rino Extreme tubing, with the package of gaskets and the old ends we can rebuild it for a long time if needed.

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
IMO the best value out there is the Camco Revolution 20" Hose Kit. Breaks down to two 10" sections if you want. Heavy Duty hose with nice Heavy Duty swivel ends. I've had this one a couple years and wouldn't buy anything else.

$18.95 at WalMart:

CAMCO REVOLUTION 20" HOSE KIT.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

Bert_Ackerman
Explorer
Explorer
If you go to Camco's site they list the 37941, but not the 37942.

bpounds
Nomad
Nomad
^^ Yeah, looks like Walmart can't even get the description right. At the bottom of that WM page they show the Extreme available too, but 2 day delivery. As usual, they put the cheaper alternative front and center.
2006 F250 Diesel
2011 Keystone Cougar 278RKSWE Fiver

Bert_Ackerman
Explorer
Explorer
bpounds wrote:
This has come up before, and I think you bought a different product than you had previously.

I think you previously had this one (what we have too)
Rhino Extreme

And this time you bought this one
Rhino Flex

The Extreme like we have doesn't have any wire coil. In my opinion Camco is giving themselves a black eye by offereing a cheaper product and confusing the two by calling them both Rhino. So I won't defend their bad marketing practices, but I do still think the Extreme is a good product. The FLEX is nothing but the equal of the old blue slinkies that are cheap junk.

Black eye indeed, they brought it on themselves.

Want some more confusion?

Part number 39741

RhinoFLEX 20 ft Kit, removable ends with translucent elbow.

Part number 39742

RhinoFLEX 20 ft Kit, glued on ends with clear elbow.

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
You're right! The Extreme is what we had.Can't find it now in Kingman. Rino Flex as all Walmart had or any of the three independent RV parts etc businesses.

bpounds
Nomad
Nomad
This has come up before, and I think you bought a different product than you had previously.

I think you previously had this one (what we have too)
Rhino Extreme

And this time you bought this one
Rhino Flex

The Extreme like we have doesn't have any wire coil. In my opinion Camco is giving themselves a black eye by offereing a cheaper product and confusing the two by calling them both Rhino. So I won't defend their bad marketing practices, but I do still think the Extreme is a good product. The FLEX is nothing but the equal of the old blue slinkies that are cheap junk.
2006 F250 Diesel
2011 Keystone Cougar 278RKSWE Fiver