cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Serial killers don't just limit themselves to cities.

path1
Explorer
Explorer
Can't get this out of my head...

Camping at national forest and only two RV's in campground. The other people in RV took of in their toad. We're sitting in our chairs by picnic table just relaxing.

Out of now where a middle aged guy walks by on the dirt road in front of our campsite.

Being friendly I wave and say "Hello"

He replies,

"I'm pretty sure serial killers don't just limit themselves to cities".

Made sure doors were locked that night. But can't get his reply out of our heads. Nothing out of the ordinary "ever" happens to us. And only came across a couple of crazies in entire life.

I can't help to wonder... Was the guy really nuts? Or didn't want any interaction with public? I'll never know.
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"
17 REPLIES 17

Kusani
Explorer
Explorer
Time to move on folks. Thanks.

Dustytuu
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe he was referring to you? Maybe he was trying to find out if you were a serial killer ?
๐Ÿ™‚
2008 dodge 5500, diesel,Laramie
2008 Carriage Carri-Lite, 36SBQ, 4 slides,dishwasher,washer/dryer,2 fireplaces,6500 gen.
D & D
3 Schnauzers

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y250/Dustytuu/

Kindness, and good manners are important.

JAXFL
Explorer
Explorer
You do know that crazy people camp, right???

Show up at almost any campground on a Holiday and will find them.
Happy Trails
JAXFL
2008 3100LTD Sun Seeker
2008 Chevy Colorado Z71 4x4 Auto Toad

4X4Dodger
Explorer II
Explorer II
There used to be a word for guys like that....Oh yes....JERK

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
We've experienced a couple of creepy situations that has made us cautious and observant. Better to be prepared than surprised.

The OP mentioned that they locked their doors that night. We always lock our doors and it's not a matter of being paranoid, but safe.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

ro_sie
Explorer
Explorer
People try hard to be funny. It may have been him just trying to be funny. Sad you took him that way.

I had a friend, both our husbands were in the Federal Aviation Agency. They were flying when she decided to be funny. Her husband was already aboard in the cockpit when she was boarding , she said to the captain " Hi Jack" it was back when there were a lot of hijacking. They grabbed her out of line and took her into a secure room, went over her with a fine tooth comb and then her husband came and after a big hullabaloo, they let her on the plane. She was very abashed and told me she would never joke around again near an aircraft.
ro_sie
Art ( my roomie)
Fleetwood Revolution LE

Kusani
Explorer
Explorer
Geezzzz..... there was nothing at all in the scenario the OP has posted calling for show of, and/or, us of firearms. Enough of those kinds of posts!!!!

Chowan
Explorer
Explorer
myredracer wrote:
Pretty creepy. Maybe the guy just wanted the place to himself? Not exactly a funny thing to say under the circumstances.

We've watched every Criminal Minds episode - DW would have been outa there in the blink of an eye or faster. :E

That is exactly what he was hoping for.

atreis
Explorer
Explorer
I'd guess he was trying to make a joke - and failed miserably. We have encountered people that made us uncomfortable while camping, but it's pretty rare.
2021 Four Winds 26B on Chevy 4500

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe he was referring to "Cereal" killers and was just out looking for some milk for his Wheaties. ๐Ÿ™‚
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
That WAS creepy - and probably more un-nerving because most RVers/campers tend to be "social" and clearly this guy wasn't.
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Pretty creepy. Maybe the guy just wanted the place to himself? Not exactly a funny thing to say under the circumstances.

We've watched every Criminal Minds episode - DW would have been outa there in the blink of an eye or faster. :E

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
X2. Or it was his way of stating to not bother him. Either way I wouldn't give it a second thought.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sounds like a guy with a warped sense of humor and it worked. He was messing with you and you went for it hook, line, and sinker. I'm sure serial killers don't walk around announcing themselves.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"