cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need advice on final leg to Acadia

chompchomp
Explorer
Explorer
We’re up from Florida staying the night just north of Scranton. Looking for the best route to Acadia. Would like to avoid big cities and expensive tolls yet keeping in mind we’re in a class A with a tow. Any advice greatly appreciated.
2008 Itasca Sunova 35J Motorhome
2003 Jeep Wrangler X Toad
1996 Key West 19CC Sportsman, 115 Yamaha
2 REPLIES 2

CloudDriver
Explorer
Explorer
To add on to the route posted by JoeH above, you can continue on I95 (tolls) to Bangor then take route 1a to Ellsworth and route 3 to Mt Desert Island and Acadia. I went to Univ. of Maine in Orono (just north of Bangor) back in the 60's and we made a few day trips to Acadia using routes 1a and 3 to get there.

Our current route from NJ is to get off I95 onto I295 at Portland and then take route 1 from Brunswick up to Ellsworth. No tolls on 295 or 1. Route 1 is slower than the interstate but the scenery is much better. We usually make an overnight at Camden Hills State Park. If you stop there take the toad to the top of Mt Battie for fantastic views of Penobscot Bay and the town of Camden and the harbor there. Enjoy your trip!
2003 Winnebago Minnie 24F - Ford E-450🙂

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
From Scranton, get on 84 , follow that to Sturbridge , MA ( no tolls that way other than Newburgh-Beacon Bridge) there you will get on 90 ( toll) follow that to 495 and head north, you will then hook back up with 95 near Amesbury. We go to Acadia every summer from the Tampa area...just got back a few days ago. You will be going thru metro areas, but it's not too bad as you are on the interstate. Now, potholes are a different story.
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard