cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV - Flush It Or Can It?

FrankShore
Explorer
Explorer
Just curious, how many of you flush TP down and how many of you put it in the waste basket.

Inquiring minds...
2014 F-250
2014 Minnie Winnie 2351DKS (Traded In-Burnout-Use A Surge Protector!)
2015 Arctic Fox 22G (Great Trailer But Heavy - Traded In)
2018 Lance 1685 w/ Solar & 4 Seasons Package
1999 Beneteau 461 Oceanis Yacht
En Norski i en Fransk bรฅt - Dette mรฅ jeg se!
59 REPLIES 59

slickest1
Explorer
Explorer
Lantley wrote:
slickest1 wrote:
For the record we flush the paper. People get all offended about others putting soiled paper in the garbage but not a second thought about where all the disposable baby diapers go. Yes in the garbage and baby ---- is no different than any other ----.Think about how much of that goes into garbage and the health implications of that!

The amount of soiled diapers simply does not compare to the entire population bagging it. There just aren't that many infants compared to non infants. You can throw those wearing Depends into the mix too and they're still not that many people.
Diapers and depends are a necessary evil simply because they can't be flushed. There is no other way. TP is an entirely different story.
We have figured out how to flush TP away and process it vs. putting it in a landfill.

I beg to differ. The amount of baby diapers that go into the garbage would be far more than soiled paper from an rv bathroom. No everyone in the world lives in an RV.

When we raised kids they had cloth diapers and they got washed out in the toilet and the mess wash flushed where it should be. The diapers were then laundered. It is a sign of the times that people are too lazy to do that and yet they still tout themselves as being green and save the planet and keep plastic out of the land fill. Disposables have plastic and they are filled with S---!!
For the record my TP goes in the toilet.
1998 Holiday Rambler Imperial 40 ft.
Dennis and Marcie and Pup the Jack Russell

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
Cobra21 wrote:
pira114 wrote:
Mortimer Brewster wrote:
Bagging the paper makes about as much sense as a 2 story outhouse.

Actually, those used to be quite common. Just sayin

The upper floor was set back about 2' from the lower floor. They
were very unique and functional.
Brian

....And now they are obsolete. We figured out how to flush stuff down the drain and never looked back!
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

Cobra21
Explorer
Explorer
pira114 wrote:
Mortimer Brewster wrote:

The upper floor was set back about 2' from the lower floor. They
were very unique and functional.
Brian

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
We flush ours and no problem in almost 7 yrs fulltime. The trick is plenty of water along with it...... and yes - the guy who pumps the sewer tank( 2,500 gallon) where we are about had a heart attack when he saw baby wipes in the tank. The co-hosts granddaughter had flushed them down the toilet after cleaning up her baby dolls dirty diapers. It causes a problem for their truck and the lines

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
slickest1 wrote:
For the record we flush the paper. People get all offended about others putting soiled paper in the garbage but not a second thought about where all the disposable baby diapers go. Yes in the garbage and baby ---- is no different than any other ----.Think about how much of that goes into garbage and the health implications of that!

The amount of soiled diapers simply does not compare to the entire population bagging it. There just aren't that many infants compared to non infants. You can throw those wearing Depends into the mix too and they're still not that many people.
Diapers and depends are a necessary evil simply because they can't be flushed. There is no other way. TP is an entirely different story.
We have figured out how to flush TP away and process it vs. putting it in a landfill.
Correct Trax,Splendide

slickest1
Explorer
Explorer
1998 Holiday Rambler Imperial 40 ft.
Dennis and Marcie and Pup the Jack Russell

richardcoxid
Explorer
Explorer
The ghost town of Nevada City, MT (located about 2mi west of the โ€œlivingโ€ ghost town of Virgina City, MT) has a hotel today that has a 2 story outhouse. The 2nd level outhouse is accessible by a catwalk.
2017 GMC Denali 3500 4x4 Duramax
2019 Outdoor RV (ORV) Timber Ridge 24RKS

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
Flush it. Why do anything else ? It will dissolve and go into the dump station when you dump along with the rest of the contents of the tank.

Mortimer_Brewst
Explorer
Explorer
pira114 wrote:
Mortimer Brewster wrote:

Very common in the business world. Management used the upper level. Employees get the first level and a "bonus."
If ethics are poor at the top, that behavior is copied down through the organization - Robert Noyce

2018 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2019 Coachmen Chaparral 298RLS

FunnyCamper
Explorer II
Explorer II
Flush, I bought the darn thing for a purpose, to live life great and we do...we are not taking bags of pee/poop TP to the dumpster!

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
I put mine in an open bucket so it grosses people out so much that they wont ask to use my bathroom when I'm stuck in traffic on a highway.
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hank MI wrote:
Better yet, wear diapers then you can poop whenever and wherever.

Now that's an idea right there lol. Just imagine the possibilities. When out on my kayak tossing lure after lure across the nose of that bass for hours, that just refuses to take interest, no need to paddle to shore when the need comes up, just let er rip. Sort of like some half arsed Mercury asstronaut.

On a road trip? no need to stop at those pesky rest stops, fire away at 70mph.

Just think how much lost time employers could save? No more employees disappearing to the crapper while sneaking in a late morning sandwich.
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

pira114
Explorer II
Explorer II
Mortimer Brewster wrote:

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
John&Joey wrote:
Lantley wrote:
John&Joey wrote:
Most people who are grossed out by this have not traveled the world much. The practice can be found in many places that have sub-par plumbing. If you want a real treat google Turkish Toilet for an OMG moment.

But to answer your question we flush. Not many will admit otherwise on a public forum, but it does occur in real life. I know of two couples who live on the road that use the bag method.

I don't doubt that there are 3rd world places where bagging maybe appropriate.
However my RV, in the good ol USA is not one of those places.
This is not about being a world traveler, it is simply about disposing of human waste in an RV.
Once you bag it are you suppose to throw bag of poo in RV park dumpster?:h

That sounds like such a great idea I'm going to start bagging poo at home too. Don't want to contaminate that toilet!....Good Grief:S

It's more then just that, it's also about people who dehumanize others because they don't have a broader knowledge of the world...Good Grief X2

FWIW, since you're talking RV'ing in the good ol USA try RV'ing along the Mexican boarder on the US side. Go use any public restroom and there is a high likelihood you'll see a trashcan next to the toilet. If you're squeamish don't look in it.

If I happen to be at the Mexican border I'll keep that in mind.
But in the meantime I'll continue flushing my TP.
I'm not screamish at all. I work in the plumbing business and have seen and been involved in worse messes than crappy TP in a trash can.
I don't need broader world knowledge to know TP gets flushed down the toilet. What the rest of the world does with their TP maybe good trivia but their methods have no impact on how I dispose of my TP in my RV
Explain to me the benefits of bagging the TP in my RV? Enlighten me to the advantages of placing a bag of soiled TP in a dumpster. Expand my knowledge. I've been flushing TP down the toilet for 50 years. I didn't know there was a better way. Have I been been doing wrong all these years.:?
Correct Trax,Splendide