cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Renator pressure regulator experts, I think I have a lemon

riven1950
Explorer
Explorer
I purchased a Renator water pressure regulator in September through Amazon. Was listed as a M11-0660R , sold for 39.99.

First it came with one 3x5 sheet of paper telling how to adjust the pressure. No other instructions etc. It did have a really nice box though ๐Ÿ™‚

I hooked it up at home, set the pressure between 40-45 psi. It seemed to work fine. Good water flow etc.

We left for the keys in December. On our first stop the Renator seemed ok. Pressure reading as set and decent water flow in the TT.

Second stop was John Pennekamp. Hooked up and barely a trickle of water. I thought it was storm related with their system. A worker changed out the back flow preventer and we hooked it back and it was ok. We moved to another site and same problem. I removed the Renator and reinstalled and got pressure. All this time the gauge is reading 40-45psi.

We are now at another CG further South in the Keys and after having the same issue I just removed the thing. Water flow is fine without it.

My questions:

There is a black plastic knob on it that is marked cartridge filter. I am guessing this can be removed and a filter inside can be cleaned? Since the instructions did not bother to say I am guessing.

Since the gauge appears to be downstream of the filter I can't see the filter being clogged since it is reading 40-45 psi. Ideas?

I am leery of taking it apart since I will probably try and return it. But if it is simply a filter cap I will try. Anyone have one and know for sure? Also, don't know what kind of warranty it has since it was paperwork light. I'll have to check with Amazon.

Also, it seems if you disconnect it and the reconnect it it starts working at least for a while, which also leads me to think it is not the filter. These things can't be that complicated.

Obviously not pleased. My 10.00 Walmart regulator at least worked. Have I got a lemon or am I just regulator challenged?

Ideas appreciated
Thanks
4 REPLIES 4

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
^^^^^ IMHO those are a POS. Spend the money ONCE and buy a QUALITY WATT's regulator.

Easier to read!

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
I've always used one of these and had zero problems.
Under pressure.....
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
The Brass Set Screw in center of the big black knob is for 'adjusting the set point' for pressure

Under the big black knob is a cartridge filter----at least that is what is stated on the top of big black knob

CAUTION: Unscrew knob slowly so any springs inside do not go 'boing'

There is also a 'screened washer' on inlet hose connection

Pressure and FLOW are TWO different things

You can have Full Pressure and very little flow and vise versa

Restriction/clogged screen/filter will limit flow but pressure can still be OK
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
If filter is clogged, there will be a burst of 40~45 psi pressure (your set point) when you first turn on the faucet and then it will dwindle. So the meter will read fine until water is actually flowing.
Same goes for the all hallowed Watts reg. which also has a filter.