cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Printer

RRTom
Explorer
Explorer
We will soon be able to take our MH out for 2 to 4 weeks at a time, maybe 3 or 4 times a year. We will be taking a laptop, cell phones and IPad with us. Would one of the small portable printers be worth while for us? Does anyone use one in a scenario such as above?
2020 Georgetown GT 31LS
25 REPLIES 25

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
We print so little, that they always dried out the ink when we went to use it.

What exactly do you need a printer for?
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
I don't even have a printer at home anymore. What could you need to print while on vacation worth the space taken by a printer?
Q: Whats brown and sticky???

A: A Stick....

rbrand
Explorer
Explorer
I got a cheap, light HP that I have carried and used for years.
The less you plan the more options you have.

Currently with a 26' Forest River Class "C"

Ex Navy Diver
Ex Archaeologist
Ex Museologist
Actively retired

Ro_n_Joe
Explorer
Explorer
For that kind of use, might look into laser printers. Ink jets can dry out if not used often.
2020 Dutch Star 4328 on FL Chassis
2018 Grand Cherokee Limited
Ready Brute Elite Towbar & Road Master Wiring

I have a small battery powered printer I carry for those times when I need to print something.

Canon iP100. It has an onboard rechargeable battery, so you could be out in the middle of a field somewhere with a laptop and you can print stuff. Or run it off AC power.

It's compact so doesn't take up much room.
2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ Dmax/Allison - 2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 306RLSS
RV Rebuild Website - Site launched Aug 22, 2021 - www.rv-rebuild.com

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
I would get an inexpensive Canon 3 in one printer. Wireless version around $40

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

accsys
Explorer
Explorer
We use a Brother 2700 All-In-One printer as we are in the coach 6 or 7 months a year. Earlier we used an HP ink jet but the cartridges constantly dried out with limited use. The B/W laser printer has worked flawlessly for several years now. Unless you plan on taking the printer into the house and using it there do not get an ink jet.
John & Doris
Doris and Robbies Blogs
2017 Cedar Creek Cottage 40 CCK
FMCA F380583, PA, Good Sams

2chiefsRus
Explorer
Explorer
How often do you print things at home? Could you go a few weeks without printing something? If you don't get a printer, I would at least be sure to have a thumb drive so you could easily take files to another location for printing.
Dave & Kathy
2007 Monaco Knight 40PDQ towing 2018 Ford F-150 & 2017 Harley Trike
Fulltime 2007 to 2016, now halftimers
Before you give someone a piece of your mind, make sure you can get by with what will be left.
Our Blog
National Parks Visited

Flute_Man
Explorer
Explorer
Yes I have a small portable HP printer that I carry all the time. It will print from my laptop, my cell phone, and my iPad. It does Wi-Fi direct. No cables involved. Since I am a full timer, I need one periodically and it works great.
Jerry Parr
05 Mandalay 40B
Cat C7 350
04 Honda CR-V
Ham Radio K7OU
Retired EE
Jrparr32@gmail.com
602-321-8141
Full-timer

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
in the early days if we needed to print something iโ€™d put the document on a flash drive and take that to a local library or office supply store to print. sometimes the CG office would print it for me. then i found a small discontinued model of small b&w laser printer on closeout for ~$30. i bought it and now carry that with us.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

magicbus
Explorer
Explorer
Think about what you might โ€œneedโ€ to print. We never seem to need to print anything while traveling, but if we do most campgrounds or libraries have a way for you to print.

Dave
Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36