cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Parking at Walmart

DReisinger
Explorer
Explorer
Wanted to leave my 5th wheel and TV in their lot at Fleming Island,Fl, just south of Jacksonville. I had shopping to get supplies,on my way South.Was leaving next morning. Was told, NO, it would be towed if supervisor for outside, Amanda, saw it when she came to work. Winn Dixie next door was more accommodating and they got my business. Walmart has the last of my money.
39 REPLIES 39

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
Or, one can ask the kid doing the shopping carts. They never say "No". Smiley face for Toes.

toedtoes
Explorer II
Explorer II
wanderingbob wrote:
My nephew is some kind of Wal-Mart manager in So.Florida and he sez that most of the time when you ask to see the manager they give you the " manager " that is the closest and the general manager will probably never hear of your request .

That's standard with most retail stores. You ask for a manager and you get a line supervisor, floor supervisor, or assistant manager. After 5 pm and on weekends you will likely only get a supervisor because the managers only work M-F day shifts. Not anything specific to Walmart.
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
am1958 wrote:
Well you've done a fine job of keeping a secret because I have heard nothing good about Chicago at all... ๐Ÿ˜‰

Who's brave enough to overnight their RV in a Chicago parking lot?

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
We don't sleep at Wal*Marts anymore as we no longer have to cover huge distances in a short time. We may have done it 5 times.
The lot sweeper comment made me laugh, they love doing that.
2AM skateboarder with metal wheels in Harrisburg PA did not make me laugh.
The Lumberton NC WM is just plain scary.
The common fact with WM is that there is no point in looking for the manager. They are like Bigfoot.
Puma 30RKSS

am1958
Explorer
Explorer
irishtom29 wrote:
I'm like that. Being Chicago South Side Irish I was taught as a child to keep a good thing under my hat.

Well you've done a fine job of keeping a secret because I have heard nothing good about Chicago at all... ๐Ÿ˜‰

irishtom29
Explorer
Explorer
TomG2 wrote:
Human nature being what it is, I wonder how many choose to keep their secret places instead of reporting them to the makers of campground lists?

I'm like that. Being Chicago South Side Irish I was taught as a child to keep a good thing under my hat.

wanderingbob
Explorer II
Explorer II
My nephew is some kind of Wal-Mart manager in So.Florida and he sez that most of the time when you ask to see the manager they give you the " manager " that is the closest and the general manager will probably never hear of your request . But remember the most that can happen is you will be asked to move , no big deal , just move ! They can not tow you with out you refusing to move ! It is private property and law enforcement can not act unless land owner or agent requests action !

JimBollman
Explorer
Explorer
This group tries to keep a list of Walmarts that allow overnight parking with permission. Probably the closest I have found to marking the friendly Walmarts.
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/walmartrving/info

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
Try this site to find free overnight parking facilities.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
toedtoes wrote:

Humor works better if you add a smiley. Otherwise it is too difficult to tell if you are a funny guy or one of the many many people with really crazy ideas.

Or, one can always assume the worst. ๐Ÿ™‚

toedtoes
Explorer II
Explorer II
TomG2 wrote:
toedtoes wrote:
.....snip.......

As for the idea of identifying RV friendly places like hobos used to do, that won't work well. Those identifications are considered graffiti and vandalism nowadays and would make RVs less welcome than they are now.....snip..

It was a joke. Who would really think that in this digital age any kind of physical mark would be required? Humor doesn't work well on here. Too many critics.

Humor works better if you add a smiley. Otherwise it is too difficult to tell if you are a funny guy or one of the many many people with really crazy ideas.
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

twodownzero
Explorer
Explorer
I stopped messing with Wal-Marts and I just crash in truck stops. I fill with diesel before I leave as a courtesy/thank you.

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
toedtoes wrote:
.....snip.......

As for the idea of identifying RV friendly places like hobos used to do, that won't work well. Those identifications are considered graffiti and vandalism nowadays and would make RVs less welcome than they are now.....snip..

It was a joke. Who would really think that in this digital age any kind of physical mark would be required? Humor doesn't work well on here. Too many critics.

Cloud_Dancer
Explorer II
Explorer II
I simplify it. Their place, their rules. Therefore, I call them ahead of time, and I ask permission to overnight on their parking lot.
Willie & Betty Sue
Miko & Sparky
2003 41 ft Dutch Star Diesel Pusher/Spartan
Floorplan 4010
Blazer toad & Ranger bassboat