cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ohio Turnpike rest areas

tdiller
Explorer
Explorer
I see that there are a couple of resat areas in Ohio that have facilities for overnighting with hookups. Anyone ever use these? are they often full or hardly used? I'm thinking of stopping at the one near Toledo
11 REPLIES 11

avan
Explorer
Explorer
I used them back in the day they were $10. I found them noisy to say the least. I would not pay $20 for electricity and road noise. Better off using a Walmart or Cracker Barrel, paying nothing and subjecting myself to a couple/few hours of genset noise if needed.
www.putt10.net

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
tdiller wrote:
I see that there are a couple of resat areas in Ohio that have facilities for overnighting with hookups. Anyone ever use these? are they often full or hardly used? I'm thinking of stopping at the one near Toledo

last time we used them was 30-years ago. we stopped at one of them a year or so ago but they looked too short for our class A + toad (~56').
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
If you don't want/need electric you can also overnight for free.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

Mike_Taverniti
Explorer
Explorer
We have used them 2 x . No issues. I would recommend.

jerryjay11
Explorer
Explorer
We've used it a couple times a couple years ago. No problems though I had to park the truck angle to the TT, but was able to use an end site so I wouldn't overlap into another site. There is a kiosk at the entrance that takes CC's and gives you a receipt. Also the is a dump station with portable water at no extra cost.

harley_hitchike
Explorer
Explorer
I think they have a max 40ft. length restriction and no explanation about unhooking and putting you tow vehicle along side on diagonal painted lines or in normal parking area. I did this with 38ft. 5th wheel and dually and no one said anything but the spots were less than half full. Just don't know. With todays crew cab trucks most all towables are over 40ft. combination as are motorhomes with a toad. Does anyone know what the turnpike policy is regarding the length or parking of TV. or any combination over 40 ft.

Dog_Trainer
Explorer
Explorer
I spent the night in the one near Toledo in mid April no problems at all.
2016 Newmar Baystar 3401
2011 HHR Toad
Daktari & Lydia Cavalier King Charles , Annie get your guns, our English setter (fur Bearing Children)

Mike158
Explorer
Explorer
We stopped at one in the summer of 16. Worked great for what we wanted. Showed up at 10pm plugged in to cool the camper down and sleep for the night. Left the next morning early. Didnโ€™t notice much noise

cross21114
Explorer
Explorer
We used one late last October. I think it was $20. Need ear plugs.
Chris
2018 Nexus Ghost 36DS
360 Cummins, 3000 Allison
2016 Ford Expedition

tdiller
Explorer
Explorer
This is the place I'm thinking on stopping. Note they have 11 pull through spots with electric.
https://www.ohioturnpike.org/truckers/service-plazas/wyandot

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
my inlaws use that one never had a problem.