cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

new microwave

abzs
Explorer
Explorer
Our Sharp convection microwave has fallen victim to the shaking/bumping down the road. The control panel is loose and now
is causing power issues. SO, bottom line has anyone have thoughts on the best over the range microwave to handle life in a motorhome? Will probably replace with just a microwave rather than a convection microwave. Never use the convection option so little point to spend the extra money.
Will appreciate any opinion on the above. Thanks
10 REPLIES 10

okhmbldr
Explorer
Explorer
When the Microwave failed on my Holiday Rambler I went to Lowe's and found an inexpensive replacement. Fit perfectly until I tried to open the door. The left side of the original Micro fit flush against a long wall and the door was designed to allow for the flush swing out. I had to take it back and find a Micro that would work against a wall. It cost more, but it worked. Just check your fit before purchase.

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
Our Sharp Convection/Micro has been living its fulltime life in our Phaeton for 15 years with only a few hiccups. The first was the turntable motor, which DH ordered online and replaced. The second was the door latch which failed. He ordered that online as well and replaced. Still going strong. Would never replace with a simple microwave. . . want and need the convection.

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Normally if you ask me about LG electroincs I say LG stands for "Lousy Goods" and the DOMETIC microwave in my 15 year old RV which was and is really an LG model is no exception. brand new it DID NOT WORK properly and in fact could not by design.

Thankfully... The problems were in the area I studied in college so I was about to swap an LG part for a GE part, make one other minor change and it works fine.

I can not tell you what is the best.. I'm kind of partial to Panasonic products when it comes to Electronics but... I really can't tell you how well they will stand up in RV service.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

MrWizard
i replaced (2) Mw, (2) different RVs
each time i installed a new GE MW from Home Depot
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
I'd go Panasonic.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

abzs
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the input. Your answers were inline with my thoughts as well.
Home Depot has a GE on sale for a good price plus it's 19 lbs lighter then our current one. Thanks to all

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
Agree with whatever fits and is readily available.

If you're running it via an inverter or relatively tiny generator, a Panasonic Inverter microwave might be worth considering as they, unlike pretty much every other microwave, use less power on lower heat settings rather than cycling full power on and off.

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
When our OEM Sharp microwave failed 4 years ago after many years of service I replaced it with a near exact fit Hamilton Beach model that Walmart had on sale for $88. The only mods needed were to the Sharp ventilated trim, some minor rebending of the mounting straps, and some small shims under the feet to get the height right.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
wal mart has them ,just replace it. might buy some rubber feet ,it,ll help with the bounce.

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
I would just measure the opening and replace it with a cheap microwave. I doubt there is anything reasonably priced that is any more durable than the next.

Which brings up a question. Man made appliances fail all the time. Is there something that it's doing or that it did to make you think the the bumping down the road caused it to fail?
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup