Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

neighbors

dockmasterdave
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry I forgot to post this earlier.
We were at Highlands Hammock Christmas weekend.
Neighbors showed up well after dark, had a flat on the way in.
Several drunk friends try to help get the @30' toy hauler backed in.
Driver was sober and did a great job in the dark, with people shining their flashlights in his eyes via the mirrors.
Next morning he went to unhitch from the truck.
Stabilizers were down. He just kept that poor electric hitch jack wining, till the trailer popped off the ball.
Problem is he didn't loosen the back stabilizers, and just lifted the front stabilizers 8" off the ground with the hitch jack.
The back stabilizers weren't happy but held.
He left it that way all weekend.
????????

2014 F 150 ecoboost
2008 Chrysler Aspen
09 Amerilite 21 (modified)
2013 Bendron 14' enclosed cargo
2011 4x8 open cargo
22 REPLIES 22

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Jayco-noslide wrote:
Every time we arrive after dark (by accident) I say, "Never again".

Well exactly the reason the 5er has backup lights, and they are strong. I hope I don't need to use them, but they are there.

As to backing into hard spots, current host location required backing down a narrow road about 50 yards before backing into the graveled site.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
Its one thing to be helpful and have it be appreciated and quite another to be rudely rebuffed for trying to prevent someone from damaging their rig, let alone campground property. We saw a guy at Grand Canyon Railway CG in a very nice Newmar pull out and rake the side of his coach on a post at the end of his site. The wife tried to warn him and get him to stop BUT...the look on his face was like a mad man and was not about to listen to anyone. He had to have done thousands of dollars of damage to his coach. Oh well. How do you help people like that? Its not that people get their jollies from watching others misfortunes, its just that some people don't want to acknowledge their "stupid".

I'm sure he probably sued the campground for his stupidity.

edatlanta
Explorer
Explorer
BizmarksMom wrote:
edatlanta wrote:
I am a camp host and a couple of years ago another host was setting up next to me in a Class A. I knew him from previous years and definitely knew he didn't like comments from anybody about anything so.....He backed in and started to put his driver side slide out, but was too close to the power pedestal and too far back that he would hit it. I saw this, but having tried to talk with him in the past I just didn't do anything. Sure enough he hit the power pedestal and pushed it over about 30 degrees. When his slide wouldn't go out all the way he got out and walked outside to see what was wrong (love my remote for slide movement). As soon as he saw what he did he immediately looked all around to see who might have seen him. haha I just smiled at myself and made another cup. Do I feel a bit guilty? Yes, but not so much knowing this guy.

A year or so before 4 of us grabbed his awning that he left out when he left the park just before a thunderstorm blew it up and over his rig. It did take 4 of us to save it. He was pissed when he returned. So the next time this happened, yep he left it out again, we all watched it rip up and over the top.
I know a guy like this. After getting chewed out for running over and stopping him from backing into a boulder, I stood back with the others in camp and just watched. (They had all had similar run-ins with him.) The nickname he has earned is not printable on a family forum.

I think I know this guy!
Ed
KM4STL

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50C, TST Systems 507 TPMS
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS,Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP
Fulltime since 2010

BizmarksMom
Explorer
Explorer
edatlanta wrote:
I am a camp host and a couple of years ago another host was setting up next to me in a Class A. I knew him from previous years and definitely knew he didn't like comments from anybody about anything so.....He backed in and started to put his driver side slide out, but was too close to the power pedestal and too far back that he would hit it. I saw this, but having tried to talk with him in the past I just didn't do anything. Sure enough he hit the power pedestal and pushed it over about 30 degrees. When his slide wouldn't go out all the way he got out and walked outside to see what was wrong (love my remote for slide movement). As soon as he saw what he did he immediately looked all around to see who might have seen him. haha I just smiled at myself and made another cup. Do I feel a bit guilty? Yes, but not so much knowing this guy.

A year or so before 4 of us grabbed his awning that he left out when he left the park just before a thunderstorm blew it up and over his rig. It did take 4 of us to save it. He was pissed when he returned. So the next time this happened, yep he left it out again, we all watched it rip up and over the top.
I know a guy like this. After getting chewed out for running over and stopping him from backing into a boulder, I stood back with the others in camp and just watched. (They had all had similar run-ins with him.) The nickname he has earned is not printable on a family forum.
2019 F350 towing a Nash 22H

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Grit dog wrote:
3oaks wrote:
Veebyes wrote:
ScottG wrote:
This is one of the reasons we like to get to the CG super early; to watch the newbs and especially, the drunks come in.
Cheap entertainment!

X2
Amazing how many people get their kicks from watching other peoples mistakes. :R

You must not boat ramp watch then! Could charge admission to some of those shows!
And yes I'm typically very helpful, but the majority of the time, someone doesn't want to lose their man card so they are a holes if you offer to help.

Don't get me wrong. I won't sit quietly & let somebody damage something. That is being cruel.

There are those who don't want help & have little idea of how to do something but are too bullheaded to accept help. That is where the entertainment comes in.

RV parking is fun to watch. Boat anchoring follies are entertaining too. The best by far are the beer fuelled boat ramp olympics.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
ScottG wrote:
This is one of the reasons we like to get to the CG super early; to watch the newbs and especially, the drunks come in.
Cheap entertainment!

Yup, often it competes with Barnum and Bailey for the title "Greatest Show On Earth"..
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Jayco-noslide
Explorer
Explorer
Every time we arrive after dark (by accident) I say, "Never again".
Jayco-noslide

dockmasterdave
Explorer
Explorer
And yes I'm typically very helpful, but the majority of the time, someone doesn't want to lose their man card so they are a holes if you offer to help.

X2
2014 F 150 ecoboost
2008 Chrysler Aspen
2011 4x8 open cargo

RandACampin
Explorer
Explorer
Grit dog wrote:
3oaks wrote:
Veebyes wrote:
ScottG wrote:
Cheap entertainment!

X2
Amazing how many people get their kicks from watching other peoples mistakes. :R

You must not boat ramp watch then! Could charge admission to some of those shows!

Perhaps it's your approach.
HEY CHECK IT OUT!! http://www.rvingoutpost.com

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
3oaks wrote:
Veebyes wrote:
ScottG wrote:
Cheap entertainment!

X2

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

3oaks
Explorer
Explorer
Veebyes wrote:
ScottG wrote:
Cheap entertainment!

X2

dockmasterdave
Explorer
Explorer
If you see someone if having difficulties - what's wrong with offering advice/help?

The problem is that some people get very offended, thinking it is an insult to their intelligence. They have their way and should not be expected to do it your way. If I thought he was in danger I would not have hesitated, after about 20 years of volunteer fire/rescue service.
2014 F 150 ecoboost
2008 Chrysler Aspen
2011 4x8 open cargo

fitznj
Explorer
Explorer
I have often found that advice should not be given unless asked for

What a sad reflection of life in the 21st Century. Yesterday my wife was in a store and a young (4yr old) girl was wandering around obviously lost.The wife stood by her and asked several people to help and see if they could find the parent . NO ONE and I mean NO ONE helped my wife - eventually she asked for security to be called.

If you see someone if having difficulties - what's wrong with offering advice/help?
Gerry

edatlanta
Explorer
Explorer

Ed
KM4STL

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50C, TST Systems 507 TPMS
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS,Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP
Fulltime since 2010