cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

My new Travel Trailer tires are not from China !

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
My 20 foot Travel Trailer has had the same Chinese tires on it for 10 years.

I decided it was time to get new ones.

My local mechanic / tire guy got me some new ones and when I got it home I checked the sidewall and found out that they were not made in China !!!

They were made in Thailand. ๐Ÿ˜›

Actually, he says that these are suppose to be a better tire. I know that they take 65 PSI air pressure. The last Chinese ones were only 50 PSI.
19 REPLIES 19

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
blofgren wrote:
cummins2014 wrote:
Arcamper wrote:
Back to the tires now that we can have a civil conversation. Some question's for the OP, did your trailer stay outdoors? direct sun? tire covers? I am asking because I hear about these tires aging out but mine stays indoors climate controlled year round except when we are camping and they are covered then. They are Goodyear 614's put on at the factory with about 11k miles and are expensive to replace so I don't want to change them with out a reason. I just put Sailuns on my truck so if they hold up I will go with them on the camper at some point. Sounds like you either treated yours right or were just lucky.

I too ran G614's , and went to Sailun. I'm responding to your post because you mentioned thinking of going next to Sailun on your camper.

I am curious about what you think of the Sailun Terramax truck tires, had a friend that ran them ,and thought they were a good tire. Thinking seriously about going to them on my next set of tires on my truck . IMO the Sailuns are as good as you can get for a fifth wheel tire.

I am also interested in feedback on the Sailun Terramax truck tires! I've been looking pretty hard at them.

As said the Sailun S637โ€™s for fifth wheels are second to none . After some thought, as far as Iโ€™m concerned the Terramax will be the same quality , they are going on my truck .

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
dedmiston wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
Maybe YOU can PLEASE give me an example of what "I" posted that deserves to be deleted. PLEASE be factual and specific.

Cummins12V98 - You have asked me many times to tell you exactly what it is about your posts that causes me to delete them and I have always refused (and still do).

We're all adults and none of us should need to be taught how to function with others.

Let's stop and be real for a moment: Honestly. This wasn't even that amazing of a thread. It was all kind of a lark from the beginning, so let's please see if we can't move along and not turn this thread into a crusade.

Apologies to everyone else for the drama. I don't typically air out the laundry like this, but it seemed like time to finally respond.

SIC....

THIS... is there an Emmy Award category for moderating of public forums?

Kudos to you sir.

blofgren
Explorer
Explorer
cummins2014 wrote:
Arcamper wrote:
Back to the tires now that we can have a civil conversation. Some question's for the OP, did your trailer stay outdoors? direct sun? tire covers? I am asking because I hear about these tires aging out but mine stays indoors climate controlled year round except when we are camping and they are covered then. They are Goodyear 614's put on at the factory with about 11k miles and are expensive to replace so I don't want to change them with out a reason. I just put Sailuns on my truck so if they hold up I will go with them on the camper at some point. Sounds like you either treated yours right or were just lucky.

I too ran G614's , and went to Sailun. I'm responding to your post because you mentioned thinking of going next to Sailun on your camper.

I am curious about what you think of the Sailun Terramax truck tires, had a friend that ran them ,and thought they were a good tire. Thinking seriously about going to them on my next set of tires on my truck . IMO the Sailuns are as good as you can get for a fifth wheel tire.

I am also interested in feedback on the Sailun Terramax truck tires! I've been looking pretty hard at them.
2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, B&W RVK3670 hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
Arcamper wrote:

I don't know. Maybe I was just lucky.

The camper does stay inside all of the time except when I am camping with it. It set in a unheated shed on a dirt floor. I am just a weekend camper that stays within 100 miles of my home. I go out almost every weekend in the summer but, I think I'm only adding about 1000- 1500 miles a year to the camper tires. My Travel Trailer is 20 foot long and only weighs 4580 pounds loaded. The old tires that I had on there were not near their maximum weight. They were rated for a heavier trailer then what my camper is.

I think that makes a difference.

Now, on the other hand my boat tires are overloaded. You can tell by looking at them. It too sets inside on a dirt floor and I never take it more then a few miles from home. But, I had a blow out after a few years.

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
Arcamper wrote:

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
dedmiston wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
Maybe YOU can PLEASE give me an example of what "I" posted that deserves to be deleted. PLEASE be factual and specific.

Cummins12V98 - You have asked me many times to tell you exactly what it is about your posts that causes me to delete them and I have always refused (and still do).

We're all adults and none of us should need to be taught how to function with others. My assumption is that you've probably had a few jobs in your lifetime, and that you live somewhere with neighbors and maybe a wife and go to the grocery store and watch TV and get all the same cues from society that the rest of us get. So if all of those normal influences haven't rubbed off on you yet, then far be it from me to try to coach you up. I'll spend my time on other pursuits.

If you're looking for hints though, you might consider the reactions you get from other members. When you get a bunch of negative responses and they're all quoting you, then stop and ask yourself if there was a problem either with your message or with the way you stated it.

Or maybe you're right and the rest of the world is insane. That's always a possibility. Probably not though.

And to address some of the complaints about my heavy handed response to Cummins12V98's posts...

Let's stop and be real for a moment: Honestly. This wasn't even that amazing of a thread. It was all kind of a lark from the beginning, so let's please see if we can't move along and not turn this thread into a crusade.

As for Cummins12V98 though, we've been through this in the past before and I've told him I'll delete every one of his posts until he can return with proper manners. It's worked in the past, but only for six or so weeks at a time. That's enough to tell me though that he knows right from wrong.

And cummins2014, you seem like a pretty good guy until you take the bait and go after Cummins12V98. Once this happens, you pretty much lose your mind. I wish you'd find some peace and just let him go. Seriously, it's creepy the way you go after him. There's no other word for it than "stalking". You'd be a lot happier if you just let him go. Peace.

Apologies to everyone else for the drama. I don't typically air out the laundry like this, but it seemed like time to finally respond.

Yes I take the bait, yes I'm done. Not sure stalking or creepy is a fair statement , I don't go looking for his posts, I get on the forum ,and read like anyone else. I understand it does take two to tangle. I just disagree, and it goes from there.

I too apologize for the drama ,and I'm finished with responding to him. Thanks for pointing things out.

Arcamper
Explorer
Explorer
2016 Montana 3100RL Legacy(LT's,Joy Rider 2's,disc brakes)
2014 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie Cummins/Aisin 14,000 GVWR
2014 Ford Expedition Limited, HD tow pkg
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
1999 Stingray 240LS
1994 Chevy 1500 5.7 PU
2018 John Deere 1025R
B&W RVK3600 Hitch

dedmiston
Cummins12V98 wrote:

We're all adults and none of us should need to be taught how to function with others. My assumption is that you've probably had a few jobs in your lifetime, and that you live somewhere with neighbors and maybe a wife and go to the grocery store and watch TV and get all the same cues from society that the rest of us get. So if all of those normal influences haven't rubbed off on you yet, then far be it from me to try to coach you up. I'll spend my time on other pursuits.

If you're looking for hints though, you might consider the reactions you get from other members. When you get a bunch of negative responses and they're all quoting you, then stop and ask yourself if there was a problem either with your message or with the way you stated it.

Or maybe you're right and the rest of the world is insane. That's always a possibility. Probably not though.

And to address some of the complaints about my heavy handed response to Cummins12V98's posts...

As for Cummins12V98 though, we've been through this in the past before and I've told him I'll delete every one of his posts until he can return with proper manners. It's worked in the past, but only for six or so weeks at a time. That's enough to tell me though that he knows right from wrong.

And cummins2014, you seem like a pretty good guy until you take the bait and go after Cummins12V98. Once this happens, you pretty much lose your mind. I wish you'd find some peace and just let him go. Seriously, it's creepy the way you go after him. There's no other word for it than "stalking". You'd be a lot happier if you just let him go. Peace.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

aftermath
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thank You Mr. Moderator. I have read many posts where people go off the rails. I appreciate your effort to keep things moving in a positive direction.
2017 Toyota Tundra, Double Cab, 5.7L V8
2006 Airstream 25 FB SE
Equalizer Hitch

dedmiston
Dtank wrote:
dedmiston wrote:
It's a completely different thread without all the garbage from the Cummins sisters. My word.

You delete info that is pertinent to all - regardless of what Mr. Cummins posts.

Total BS when you delete good info - for no apparent reason (except your own prejudices).

AMF !

Yes. You're right.

Try not to quote the trolls or respond to them directly, because I delete all responses to the troll posts.

Any time Cummins A and Cummins B get into it, I delete their nonsense and all the posts that reference them.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Dtank
Explorer
Explorer
dedmiston wrote:
It's a completely different thread without all the garbage from the Cummins sisters. My word.

You delete info that is pertinent to all - regardless of what Mr. Cummins posts.

Totally wrong when you delete good info - for no apparent reason (except your own prejudices).

AMF !

dedmiston

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

GDS-3950BH
Explorer
Explorer
Based on past experience with Goodyear and their products over 40 yrs or so, on my own things and work related fleet, I would not put them on so much as a wheelbarrow. If you are madly in love with them have at it.

blofgren
Explorer
Explorer
Great to hear the positive story on the Sailun S637's; they still look like new after 5 years on my fiver. If I still have the trailer when it's time for new tires they will definitely be going back on it.
2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, B&W RVK3670 hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes