Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Motorcycle Auctions, Las Vegas

Supercharged
Explorer
Explorer
Another year, Las Vegas has its big motorcycle auctions,January 22-27
Over 1500 cycles are to be offered to me and you.
Every year more and more Japanese cycles and less Harly's, BSA's, Trumph's. I guess it is so hard to clean up the all the oil after pushing them up on stage.
I enjoy looking, but most Japanese cycles aren't what works in myJapanese collection.
About 80% of my collection are 0 mile cycles no matter how old they are.
So big a world, so little time to see.
44 REPLIES 44

frankdamp
Explorer
Explorer
In my younger years (mid-20'S), living in the UK, I rode motorcycles based on expenditure needed to run them instead of cars. I also worked for Norton-Villiers for two year before emigrating to the US. I rode a 650SS as a commuter (45 miles each way) and was a test rider for the Commando and AJS Stormer machines, sometimes in moto-cross races with the Stormer. I did ride a Harley once but found it way too heavy, compared to the 400-pound Commando.

After we emigrated to Washington State (1968), I took one look at the little old ladies driving their Oldsmobile 98 down the freeways at 45 mph and peering through the steering wheel to see the road and decided bikes were too hazardous. I was also concerned about making an emergency maneuver the wrong way due to being on the opposite side of the road compared to the UK.

I missed motorcycles for a while, but got over it eventually.
Frank Damp, DW - Eileen, pet - female Labrador (10 yrs old), location Anacortes, WA, retired RVers (since Dec 2014)

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
"Nice play of words, hope you have a fun time!

Does your wife ride hers, or ride with you?

Jerry "

That's a Friends bike on the left and mine on the right. Wife rides occasionally on back.

Festival was fun and YES I did partake!
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
MFL wrote:
fj12ryder wrote:
Here's Peggy and I on a leisurely trip down The Tail of the Dragon:

Oh yeah, Peggy is 70 and I'll be 70 in July.

Looks like a couple of kids. The Leos likely give you a second look, as most aren't fond of those models. Congrats to Peggy for being so fearless...scares the he!! outa me, to ride on the back.

Nice bike, and gear!

Jerry
Thanks for the kind words.

Yeah, the LEO's do watch pretty closely and it's kind of fun to see their faces when the helmets come off and a couple of old coots appear. LOL It's saved me from a few tickets over the last decade or so.

Peggy rides both on the back and on her own scooter. She's gradually downsized to a 150cc Honda PCX150 from a 600cc Honda SilverWing. It was just getting to big for her to muscle around when parked. The PCX will still run down the road at 70+ mph.

She rode her SilverWing down The Tail of the Dragon a couple of times, and almost embarrassed a couple of guys on cruiser bikes. LOL She was about ready to pass them just before the pull out. ๐Ÿ™‚
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

mountainkowboy
Explorer
Explorer

One of my favorite bikes....89 Tour-Glide with 07 ends and modern suspension.
Chuck & Ruth with 4-legged Molly
2007 Tiffin Allegro 30DA
2011 Ford Ranger
1987 HD FLHTP

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
fj12ryder wrote:

Looks like a couple of kids. The Leos likely give you a second look, as most aren't fond of those models. Congrats to Peggy for being so fearless...scares the he!! outa me, to ride on the back.

Nice bike, and gear!

Jerry

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
Cummins12V98 wrote:
Heading from our Campsite today to the Salton Sea at Bombay Beach, CA. Going to attend the

12th Annual "Carols Testicle Festival"

"Were Everyone Has A Ball"

Nice play of words, hope you have a fun time!

Does your wife ride hers, or ride with you?

Jerry

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
FlatBroke wrote:
Iโ€™m 73 and this is my preferred weekend ride. Harley Davidson โ€œIf I have to explain you wouldnโ€™t understandโ€
https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/LCP4f1dsOB6p7kndwUWGmHE4sQzLSZFs4r5Xye7XV11

Congrats on getting out there, to enjoy a relaxing ride, at that ripe age! That is a nice looking bike too!

Jerry

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Heading from our Campsite today to the Salton Sea at Bombay Beach, CA. Going to attend the

12th Annual "Carols Testicle Festival"

"Were Everyone Has A Ball"

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

FlatBroke
Explorer
Explorer
Iโ€™m 73 and this is my preferred weekend ride. Harley Davidson โ€œIf I have to explain you wouldnโ€™t understandโ€
https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/LCP4f1dsOB6p7kndwUWGmHE4sQzLSZFs4r5Xye7XV11

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
Supercharged wrote:
Let me get this right, a RC-30 Honda go up three times. A Harley go down three times. Have to remember that, because I collect Hyper Sport Japanese motor cycles.

I am also looking for a 1929 Harley 45 ci like my father road three thosand miles on the gravel in 1930 from Iowa to Yellow Stone up to Bosman, Mt. and back via the Black Hill, Oil was his biggest expense.

Hey Supercharged... here's a link to a 1930 45 w/side car. The guy had thought it was a JD ( 74) but I went and looked last week and it's a D (45).
1930 45 w/sidecar
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
Supercharged wrote:
Let me get this right, a RC-30 Honda go up three times. A Harley go down three times. Have to remember that, because I collect Hyper Sport Japanese motor cycles.

I am also looking for a 1929 Harley 45 ci like my father road three thosand miles on the gravel in 1930 from Iowa to Yellow Stone up to Bosman, Mt. and back via the Black Hill, Oil was his biggest expense.

Lots of oil...oil leaking, oil burning, and oil for the chain. Now if the oil leaked on the chain, that would be a good thing right???

All great areas to ride a motorcycle...well once you get away from Iowa!

Jerry

Supercharged
Explorer
Explorer
colliehauler wrote:
Regardless of brand the main thing is you get out and enjoy riding.

You hit it on the nose.

Supercharged
Explorer
Explorer