cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Mopeka Gateway

Bob_Vaughn
Explorer
Explorer
A quick question .....for those who have purchased the Mopeka Tank Check GATEWAY . Can you explain to me what it is supposed to do?
12 REPLIES 12

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bob Vaughn wrote:
BS, I have spent hours trying to get mine to work..
FWIW, I bought one and it seemed to work well, albeit a bit erratically, for a couple months. Now it no longer works. Seems to be the luck of the draw, and/or how many other wireless transmitters you have in the area that may interfere.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Bob_Vaughn
Explorer
Explorer
BS, I have spent hours trying to get mine to work..

Jim-Linda
Explorer
Explorer
Well... since I don't care what the tank level is if I am not at the trailer, I use the monitor inside that you can use to check either tank. I have had the unit installed over a month, and so far it has worked as advertised.
One thing that is somewhat necessary is a dab of silicon dieletric grease on the contact point of the sensor. I just hope the battery life is good. Anyway, I am happy with the product.

Jim

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Perhaps so. I suppose it depends on where you place the emphasis. ๐Ÿ™‚
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
Just goes to show you that the phrase "Smart Phone User" is sometimes a bit off. ๐Ÿ™‚

an oxymoron perhaps???????????
bumpy

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just goes to show you that the phrase "Smart Phone User" is sometimes a bit off. ๐Ÿ™‚
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
just more proof as to the gullibility of the magic phone users.
bumpy

Bob_Vaughn
Explorer
Explorer
Sadily I bought into their marketing hype and it is absolutely worthless......40 bucks for a paper weight.....I have never had an issue connecting any device to my wifi net work even when guests want to get on line they can.......but this device just will not connect ......

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bumpyroad wrote:
ependydad wrote:
It uploads your propane level data to an internet site using your own wifi network (campground wifi, cellular hotspot, home wifi).

Then you can use the app to check your propane level no matter where you are (say you're 50 miles away at home from the campground). Instead of using Bluetooth and having to be physically near the sensors/monitor.

if you are 50 miles away, what is the advantage of $$$$ having this?
bumpy
It's a marketing point, it doesn't have to make sense as long as it sounds good.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
Bumpyroad wrote:
bumpy

I was debating that myself. I'm not sure I'm the right person to sell the benefits of it. Just was answering what it is. ๐Ÿ™‚

But, a scenario: maybe for checking to see if you have enough propane to get through a weekend or need to grab your extra tank from home?
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
ependydad wrote:
It uploads your propane level data to an internet site using your own wifi network (campground wifi, cellular hotspot, home wifi).

Then you can use the app to check your propane level no matter where you are (say you're 50 miles away at home from the campground). Instead of using Bluetooth and having to be physically near the sensors/monitor.

bumpy

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer

2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page