cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Marcus being sued.

Halmfamily
Explorer
Explorer
Thought this was interesting. Not sure if this was posted yet, did not see it. Marcus Lemonis being sued and complainants trying to get class action status.

http://rvdailyreport.com/industry/lawsuit-names-cnbc-star-lemonis-in-alleged-financial-fraud/
2008 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW D/A 4x4 (Big All)
2006 Ford F350 PSD SRW King Ranch 4x4 (Henry) (Sold)
B&W Companion, 90 Aux Fuel Tank, Scan Gauge II, Curt f/m hitch, Swagman XC
2015 Forest River Sierra 360 PDEK
DW Diane, DS Michael, FB Draco and Sabian
30 REPLIES 30

apr67
Explorer
Explorer
Likley most of us wouldn't know about this except for these guys trying to profit from it (rv advisor). Every facebook ad I see about Camping Worlds lawsuit is funded by them.

http://rvdailyreport.com/industry/rv-advisor-offers-lifeline-to-camping-world-customers/
2017 Thor Hurricane 34J
Gone-2014 Chevy Express 3500
Gone-2016 Jayco White Hawk 32DSBH
Gone-2013 Keystone Bullet 294BHS
Gone-2007 National SurfSide 34DE
Gone-2006 ForestRiver Sunseeker 2900LTD
Gone-1994 Fleetwood PaceArrow
Gone-1978 Kit RoadRanger

Splashers3
Explorer
Explorer
My wife's 403(B) was involved in a class action law suit against a big insurance company....I read the ENTIRE package we were sent....the plaintiffs weren't even going to get half any money that was awarded. The lawyers were getting the largest chunk.

In the end, we got $10 bucks.....and she had 100K+ with this company in various mutual funds......just for principle, I never cashed the check.
2017 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali, C/C, D/A, DRW, w/40gal Aux tank, 18K B&W Patriot.
2019 Cedar Creek Hathaway, 34RL2 - w/Bells & Whistles and disc brakes
Traded 2009 Cedar Creek Silverback, GII, 32 WRL

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
1968mooney wrote:
Think of all the money he could save if he closed this Forum. :S

Good Point.

Of course if,, and it's a big IF,, camping world goes into some sort of solvency this forum could end up getting closed anyway.

I'm not saying that is going to happen. I don't understand any of this sorts of stuff. I avoid money when I can. :B

I get a salary, I live within my means, and I keep my debt low and my savings high. A strange sort of lifestyle that no one understands .

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
irishtom29 wrote:
mockturtle wrote:
Yes, class action suits only benefit the attorneys involved.

They benefit society in general by being punitive.

Yep, they help keep these guys honest. If not for class action suits, there would be little disincentive to ripping off 10 million people for 10 bucks each.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
rk911 wrote:
clicky

Until you posted a clicky - I was considering a class action (errors and omissions) against the OP.

;)...:W

irishtom29
Explorer
Explorer
mockturtle wrote:

They benefit society in general by being punitive.

1968mooney
Explorer
Explorer
Think of all the money he could save if he closed this Forum. :S

Road_Phantom
Explorer
Explorer
I'm sure his billions are in overseas banks and well protected, so he could care less.

RGar974417
Explorer
Explorer
My question is, why did the stock drop so much?

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
2012Coleman wrote:
So being called "The Profit" doesn't equate with being profitable? :H

Marcus means HIS profit, not yours...
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

Rice
Explorer
Explorer
mockturtle wrote:

I'm very happy that there was a class action suit against Norcold, and that I joined the class. Lawyers did a lot of work without any guarantee of being paid. I filled out a short form and money dropped into my lap.

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
wa8yxm wrote:
A stock market investor is mad because his stock lost value...

That's not why they're mad... From the full article:

The lawsuit alleges that the defendants made false and misleading statements about Camping Worldโ€™s financial performance, including its historical financial results and its integration and operation of the newly acquired Gander stores, and concealed material weaknesses in the companyโ€™s disclosure controls and internal controls over financial reporting, leading to a 37 percent artificial inflation of Camping Worldโ€™s reported 2016 basic earnings per share.

If they indeed misrepresented the company's past performance and earnings in the manner alleged, then they crossed the line between optimism and fraud. This is why we have courts.
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
westernrvparkowner wrote:
ksg5000 wrote:
LOL. Many who has been senior officer of major company gets used to being named in lawsuits - comes with the job.
You are correct. Unfortunately it is yet another unnecessary cost of doing business that ultimately gets passed onto the customer, i.e. you and me.
Not a worry for me. I'm done buyiong anything from CW.
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

westernrvparkow
Explorer
Explorer
ksg5000 wrote:
LOL. Many who has been senior officer of major company gets used to being named in lawsuits - comes with the job.
You are correct. Unfortunately it is yet another unnecessary cost of doing business that ultimately gets passed onto the customer, i.e. you and me.