cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Done trying to buy from Camping World

Rough2000
Explorer
Explorer
While I order hundreds of items per year from Amazon, I rarely have any problems, while I order a few items from Camping World, it seems I almost always encounter difficulties. I recently tried to order RV stair rugs that were shown in the Highways Catalog “members...buy one, get 50% off the second”. On line I could not get the discount. I also put some additional items in the cart in order to get the $49 free shipping.
I finally called customer service, and gave the rep my information. After being on hold for twenty minutes listening to you redundant music, I hung up and called back.
The second rep took my order and after I explained where he could find the fifty percent off offer, he was able to apply that. I then gave him my additional items. While my order would be over $49 it would still have a $9 shipping fee because one of the items was a chemical. This is not stated in the banner across your web page. I’m sorry, I also don’t read all of your fine print when trying to order something.
After an exchange of words with the rep, I just canceled the order.
I went on Amazon, and within 5 minutes had the new rugs ordered. They will be here in two days, and with free shipping I am still money ahead than from buying from Camping World.
Needless to say Marcus, you shouldn’t be happy right now, cause I’m not.
Might help if you would start attending to business instead of trying to be a Hollywood star and telling others how to run their business.
If it moves but shouldn't, use Duct Tape. If it doesn't move but should, use WD40.
18 REPLIES 18

Good_Sam_Care_T
Explorer
Explorer
Hello,

Thank you all for your participation on this thread. I will be closing this conversation up due to inactivity.

Thank you all again for your participation!

Venesa
Marcus VIP Customer Care
Camping World/Gander Outdoors Customer Care
866-232-8790

Tor_1488
Explorer
Explorer
Hello! welcome here!

Rough2000
Explorer
Explorer
FlashBuddy wrote:
ford truck guy wrote:
SO... you have a rant here about buying form CW. because you didn't read their print....... and you have another post with a rant about motorhome magazine who is also a Good Sam Product... I guess the next will be a rant about this forum and you'll have your trifecta ???

Sorry you have had so many issues with CW, nd yet you keep coming back..

Wow, that was mean. Do you guys have a history? Is this the right place for such a comment. What did you hope to accomplish? Has your day improved?

I have no idea who this guy is...I figure he’s just having a bad day because he drives Fords. I think he has fallen in love with my writing as he apparently has went back through all my posts.
They claim that the Covid-19 isolation has caused mental problems with some...just sayin.
If it moves but shouldn't, use Duct Tape. If it doesn't move but should, use WD40.

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
I joined here in 2004. I used to buy everything from CW but after Marcus took over it has gone down hill at a steady pace. Service and parts are horrible.
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

Rough2000
Explorer
Explorer
ford truck guy wrote:
Rough2000 wrote:
Son of Norway wrote:
Why have hard feelings about CW? Occasionally I enjoy going to the store and looking around. Maybe I'll buy something, maybe I won't. The prices aren't the best. It is what it is.

I have not had problems with CW stores. The problems are with their catalog and on line sales. Very poor Customer Service. When Marcus first took over CW, their Customer Service was pretty good. The past three years or so, it has really went down hill. My opinion, your mileage may vary.

I'm just looking at facts... Last June 2020 you were done with CW and it's owner.... here we are in January and the same thing>>

no trolling here, just stating facts... Hope you get it figured out...Good Luck

Yep, you’re right, I should have followed my instincts. But I did cancel the order and placed an order with Amazon. Easy peasy.
BTW, glad you are looking through my old posts. I sorry I used the term trolling, I’m trying to figure out if you’re a fan of mine...or stalking me. Just sayin....

FlashBuddy
Explorer II
Explorer II
ford truck guy wrote:
SO... you have a rant here about buying form CW. because you didn't read their print....... and you have another post with a rant about motorhome magazine who is also a Good Sam Product... I guess the next will be a rant about this forum and you'll have your trifecta ???

Wow, that was mean. Do you guys have a history? Is this the right place for such a comment. What did you hope to accomplish? Has your day improved?
2018 Ford F-250 6.7L Diesel Lariat Super Crew 4X4
Grand Design Reflection 295RL
Jan Baby the Wife & Molly the Dog

Rough2000
Explorer
Explorer
ford truck guy wrote:
Rough2000 wrote:
Son of Norway wrote:
Why have hard feelings about CW? Occasionally I enjoy going to the store and looking around. Maybe I'll buy something, maybe I won't. The prices aren't the best. It is what it is.

I have not had problems with CW stores. The problems are with their catalog and on line sales. Very poor Customer Service. When Marcus first took over CW, their Customer Service was pretty good. The past three years or so, it has really went down hill. My opinion, your mileage may vary.

I'm just looking at facts... Last June 2020 you were done with CW and it's owner.... here we are in January and the same thing>>

Yep...should have stuck to my guns on that statement. And...in theory I have, today I cancelled the order and spent my money on Amazon. Sure glad you became a fan of mine, I’m sure you’ll find my other posts more interesting ??

Rough2000 wrote:
Son of Norway wrote:

Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Rough2000
Explorer
Explorer
Son of Norway wrote:

capacitor
Explorer
Explorer
I get the main CW magazine to see what’s available. Sometimes I buy something. Mainly use it when camping with friends and someone asked about a price of an item. They seem to have a lot of stuff. When I have ordered items, they have always come as expected. No issues here.

Son_of_Norway
Explorer
Explorer
Miles and Darcey
1989 Holiday Rambler Crown Imperial
Denver, CO

Rough2000
Explorer
Explorer
ford truck guy wrote:

Hey Fanboy...I believe I have a couple of years seniority on this forum, the forum is pretty good, but I’m sure there are some improvements that can be made.
None the less, “I calls them as I sees them”. CW store basically sucks and so does the new RV Magazine.
Sorry I hurt your feeling (singular). Now go troll somewhere else.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
What would Abraham Lincoln know about CW? lol
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

QCMan
Nomad II
Nomad II
You can please all of the people some of the time and you can please some of the people all the time but you can't please all of the people all the time.

2020 Keystone Cougar 22RBS, Ram 1500, two Jacks and plenty of time to roam!
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. A.E.
Good Sam Life Member