cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Just 13 threads

DarkSkySeeker
Explorer
Explorer
I enjoy this forum a lot. I've gotten a lot of good advice here. I usually just check "My Forums" and then check "Newest", but today there were only one page of topics for a total of 13 threads. :h

My plans for this season are to camp:

- near Lake Sonoma, Cloverdale CA, on a private ranch, President's Day weekend

- at Ackerman Campground, west of Redding CA near Lewiston, during Spring Break

- at the Golden State Star Party, in Adin CA

- and at Eagle Lake in August

Next year I'd like to go to Valley of the Gods, Moab, and/or Alabama Hills.

Comments anyone? Have you been to these places?

I tow my 2017 Forest River Wildwood with a 2012 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins. I just bought Goodyear Endurance tires for the RV.
There is something special about camping in an RV.
24 REPLIES 24

Mickeyfan0805
Explorer
Explorer
garmp wrote:
solismaris:
I have to disagree about the lumping of categories. I don't care to read about a toy hauler with ramp issues when I drive a Class B. Couldn't care less about the best tent when I drive a Class A. ETC, etc.
IMHO the divisions are great for narrowing down the information I would be interested/knowledgeable in. Looking for help or offering advice. But that's just me.

I agree. As mentioned, I use the 'newest' tag and it works well for me. That said, once reviewing that list, I will sometimes look at the specific forum to know if it is something I'm interest in. If someone is talking about towing set-ups in a FW or TT forum, that is somewhere I might be of some help and/or might learn something useful to me. If someone asks about towing set-up and a class A/C forum, I'll skip right over it!

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
solismaris:
I have to disagree about the lumping of categories. I don't care to read about a toy hauler with ramp issues when I drive a Class B. Couldn't care less about the best tent when I drive a Class A. ETC, etc.
IMHO the divisions are great for narrowing down the information I would be interested/knowledgeable in. Looking for help or offering advice. But that's just me.
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
^ we all asked insane questions. it was likely funny to those who knew then and its funny now. like how I can tow a 12k lb trailer with my half ton even though its only got 1500 lbs payload lol.
Q: Whats brown and sticky???

A: A Stick....

DarkSkySeeker
Explorer
Explorer
K Charles wrote:
If you click on active you get 5 pages.

I get that now - I will start using this forum using the other links beyond "Newest" for sure.

solismaris
Explorer
Explorer
There are too many different forums - that's part of the problem.

Why do we need a separate forum for Travel Trailers, Fifth-Wheels, Folding Trailers, Toy Haulers, and Hybrid Trailers?

For Class A, B, and C motohomes?

For Tech Issues, DIY Mods, and Technology Corner?

For RV Parks, Roads and Routes, Public Lands, RVing in Canada, and RVing in Mexico?

These unnecessary divisions spread the threads too much, forcing one to choose a category. But many if not most of the threads are relevant to all in the forum groups. As a regular trailer owner I never check the Fifth-Wheel or other trailer categories and I am sure I miss relevant discussions.

A major simplification of these forums is overdue!
David Kojen

Devocamper
Explorer
Explorer
SidecarFlip wrote:
Don't fret, will pick up in the spring when all the newbies buy RV's and then have to ask inane questions.

Were you not a newbie at some point ?
08 NU-WA Hitchhiker Discover America 339 RSB Sold
18 Host Mammoth
07 Chevy 3500HD LT1 EXT Cab LB DRW D/A Sold
18 Ram 3500 SLT Crew Cab DRW 4x2 6.4 4.10's

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
DarkSkySeeker wrote:
I enjoy this forum a lot. I've gotten a lot of good advice here. I usually just check "My Forums" and then check "Newest", but today there were only one page of topics for a total of 13 threads. :h

This happens every winter. I believe most of the people who have to put their RV's away for the winter also stop looking at the forum. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one posting this time of year. I know that's not really the case, but sometimes it seems like it. Just wait another few months. It will pick up again as the snow melts.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

Mickeyfan0805
Explorer
Explorer
Janss wrote:
Don't any updates from those forums appear in "Newest"?

Try clicking on "Active" or "Popular". I'm thinking "Newest" is determined by the original post date, and the others are determined by the last response date...just a guess.

Hmmm... I've always clicked 'newest' (still do) and it generally gives me anything that's had activity since the last time I was on - at the moment dating back to posts from last night. 'Active' seems to give you every thread that has had activity in the last 24 hours - regardless of when you were last logged in.

The activity level goes up and down, but I never thought I was missing anything by using 'newest.' Perhaps I was/am, but it seems to work for me.

Campfire_Time
Explorer
Explorer
Newest used to show 5 pages of every thread updated most recently. Obviously that's changed. Many threads continue to be very active well after they disappear off the "newest" pages.
Chuck D.
โ€œAdventure is just bad planning.โ€ - Roald Amundsen
2013 Jayco X20E Hybrid
2016 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab Z71 LTZ2
2008 GMC Sierra SLE1 Crew Cab Z71 (traded)

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
IAMICHABOD wrote:
SidecarFlip wrote:
Don't fret, will pick up in the spring when all the newbies buy RV's and then have to ask inane questions.

Wow what a condescending remark.This Forum is supposed to be helpful to newbies.

Sorry, but no it's not. Why would anybody want to believe a total stranger rather than their own research?
The most memorable one recently was whether their RV battery was 6 or 12 volt. Really? It's very plain if you read the label, maybe you could learn something all by yourself. And before you go there it was a brand new unit, I'm sure the label was still there.
I'll help anybody but if they don't have a clue about what you are trying to tell them it's pointless. It just leads to more inane questions. This isn't Google.
Puma 30RKSS

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
Might be a case of "inane" replies to "inane" questions? It's a wonder that anyone hangs around long if that is the prevailing attitude toward new members.

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
If you click on active you get 5 pages.

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
2oldman wrote:
I always get a kick out of the first responder quoting the entire OP.

True ... if, and only if ... a so-called first responder can't be sure if they are going to be the actual first responder or get aced-out by another responder a few milli-seconds ahead of them in pressing/clicking their Post Button. :B

P.S. Try being fast enough when selling a stock from home by rushing your key strokes in order to beat a price drop. :S
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

DarkSkySeeker
Explorer
Explorer
Janss wrote:
Try clicking on "Active" or "Popular". I'm thinking "Newest" is determined by the original post date, and the others are determined by the last response date...just a guess.

That is very helpful, thanks.