cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Interesting vehicle

6door74
Explorer
Explorer
I'm sure some of you have seen something similar before. But this is my first time and I suppose it's a good overland type vehicle that doesn't break the bank.

2006 E350 V10
Travel Trailer-TBD
22 REPLIES 22

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Creative. I would think that such a setup using a similar class truck is very common in Australia & Europe where the humans are much smaller & there is no need for the 40 & 45' tag axle monsters which are so common running around N America.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

PawPaw_n_Gram
Explorer
Explorer
I saw one of these in Blaine, Washington on Aug 2, 2017. The metal door on the driver's side near the wheels had two 20 lb propane bottles. Incase you cannot read the small print is is a ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE EDITION.

This link is to a youtube walk around of the vehicle.

Seaside, OR Zombie Apocalypse Edition

Another one from Germany in 2018 - Crew Cab with interior walkthru.

Fuso Class C Conversion Video

The truck is a Mitsubishi Fuso 4x4. They are in the near 16,000 lb GVWR/CGWR range. About 20-26 ft long.
Full-Time 2014 - ????

โ€œNot all who wander are lost.โ€
"You were supposed to turn back at the last street."

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS TT

6door74
Explorer
Explorer
wanderingaimlessly wrote:
Did you see a picture of the other side?
Was wondering if anything was built on for access, or if they were using a portable ladder or stool.

I didnt. Saw it early this morning in the grocery store parking lot.i went back later and it was gone.
2006 E350 V10
Travel Trailer-TBD

garyhaupt
Explorer
Explorer
Holy doodle..look at all that available tank space in the wheel wells. Get a flat bed diesel...man, that is good to go, right there.

Gary Haupt
I have a Blog..about stuff, some of which is RV'ing.

http://mrgwh.blogspot.ca/

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
RoyF wrote:
I think that's an Isuzu straight truck. They are not that cheap. But it would be easier to back it up.

Compared to the price of an expedition vehicle...it's dirt cheap.
- A low end expedition vehicle might run $300k.
- This is maybe $60k for the truck. $10-15 for a small trailer and maybe $10 to mount and fit with a 3 point support (stops the frame twisting from tearing up the house box)...That's about $80k...even if I'm off by $20k that's still 1/3 the price.

I started a thread about this exact idea a few months back and came across some interesting options with people doing this.

If you can find a used flatbed tow truck, they already have the 3 point support system, so really easy to retrofit.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
A street sweeper truck with a TT on it! It's unique, and probably very functional.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
Did you see a picture of the other side?
Was wondering if anything was built on for access, or if they were using a portable ladder or stool.

RoyF
Explorer
Explorer
I think that's an Isuzu straight truck. They are not that cheap, and not very comfortable. But it would be easier to back it up.