cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Handy Hints, Gadgets, Products & Gizmos

GizmosMom
Explorer
Explorer
Another member suggested a new forum section with new products but it doesn't look like it will be feasible. So I thought I would post this here under General RVing Issues. If enough people post (even if you have mentioned it before in another post) we can keep it near the top?

Do you have a handy hint, a new product or an old product that makes your RVing or Camping much better?

(Sorry, no commercial advertising allowed)

I'll start:

Someone in the Camping Van posted a reference to using a Super-Chamois to wipe down their shower. I have been using an icky old thick sponge and I like the chamois idea so much more.

Now I want to hear what works for you
Marilyn w/ Joe, 2016 Class C Sunseeker 2430 SF, often pulling a Ranger bass boat. Traveling with Trigger
Smudge & Gizmo are waiting at the Rainbow Bridge
3,560 REPLIES 3,560

Kanyonkitty
Explorer
Explorer
Pool/Spa steps to replace factory pull out step
X-pens connect directly to trailer so no escaped Greyhound
Made access door under sofa for easy access to bypass valve to WH, no more lifiting sofa
Here is a link to my mods, they start on page 3
Kittys mods
Deep wedgewood blue '99 7.3L PSD F-350 Super Duty crew cab long bed dually or wedgewood blue '97 F-350 7.3L PSD crew cab longbed SRW, Member: Sunlineclub.com Rescue a retired Greyhound, greyt calm low maintenance traveling companions

rocknrollpro
Explorer
Explorer
LarryJM wrote:
Sorry, double post ... dang it.

Larry

Larry

I just checked out all 83 pictures of your trailer mods. WOW thats some great stuff! I'm going to do many of them. Tell us about the 50amp to dual 30amp. And then you installed a second elec box to run additional 30amp service? Excellent!

Thank you for sharing!
Rocky
"Everydayz a Holiday"

2001 Ford F250 2WD Lariat Super Cab 7.3
2003 Outback 28' fiver 527RLS
1972 Ford F350 22' Beaver C Class!

ReVoker
Explorer
Explorer
The plastic bags of water seem to work very well. I saw those down in New Orleans a few years ago at some of the local restaurants and did not many flies around.
ReVoker
An opinion on every subject...

crazyoldcoot
Explorer
Explorer
It may also light up your neighbors site who may not appreciate it. I have camped next to one of these lights but the owner turned it off before quiet time so it didn't bother me. I was afraid he was going to leave it on late but he didn't.

Jim102
Explorer
Explorer
We saw an interesting one this past weekend.....The guy next door took a 5 gal. whit plastic bucket (used for paint) cut the bottom out punched a hole in the top and installed one of those work lights( the bulb with the cage around it ~200w) and hung it away from his camper. It lit the whole site and the open bottom attracted all the bugs into it, I may have to try it out...

Jim
2018 Jayco Precept 29V Class A
Air Force 1969 - 1973

rocknrollpro
Explorer
Explorer
JimBollman wrote:
Instead of a bump try posting a hint, most of us probably have lots of things we have done to our campers, they all don't have to be big.

Jim...

Thank you for your suggestion, but I've posted many hints. I've also noticed if you don't post regularly, that you stop getting notified of additions. If they want to "bump" me for "bumping" so be it....
Rocky
"Everydayz a Holiday"

crazyoldcoot
Explorer
Explorer
lampooner wrote:
You see the bags of water hanging in some restaurants here in SC. I call them "Redneck Fire Extinguishers". When a fire starts, they melt and release the water.

I like that! I also like your signature line. Sounds like someone I know!

lampooner
Explorer
Explorer
You see the bags of water hanging in some restaurants here in SC. I call them "Redneck Fire Extinguishers". When a fire starts, they melt and release the water.
Lampooner

Remember you are only young once,
but you can be immature forever!

crazyoldcoot
Explorer
Explorer
My wife read this somewhere and hung one on the back porch. It seemed to work.Also keeps elephants away.Haven't seen an elephant around since she hung it up there either.

Mule_Skinner
Explorer
Explorer
A friend told me about this it seems to work. A ziplock bag of cold water on the table helps keep the flies away.
Gerry Lori and the 2003 Damon Intruder
MSgt USAF Ret. 1985:B
1988 Goldwing with 2005 Champion Trike Conversion
:C

JimBollman
Explorer
Explorer
Instead of a bump try posting a hint, most of us probably have lots of things we have done to our campers, they all don't have to be big.

I have a weak front seal on my popup truck camper roof where it comes down. Not sure if my repair today will work but I opened up one end of the hollow seal and slid a soft piece of clear plastic tubing in. Now it has some compression to it. I guess I'll find out next time I drive in a heavy rain. Not sure spraying it with a hose is the same effect.

Same idea should work on other camper seals like around doors, if it is a hollow type seal. Cheap fix if it works, took $2.58 of tubing and about 10 minutes to install.

Jim...

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
But they absolutely refuse to make this a sticky. It is such a wonderful source of ideas for new people.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
rocknrollpro wrote:
Bump!

Be careful of things that go "Bump" in the night!

Depending on the forum/mod - "bumping" is a no-no.

~

rocknrollpro
Explorer
Explorer
Bump!
Rocky
"Everydayz a Holiday"

LarryJM
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry, double post ... dang it.

Larry
2001 standard box 7.3L E-350 PSD Van with 4.10 rear and 2007 Holiday Rambler Aluma-Lite 8306S Been RV'ing since 1974.
RAINKAP INSTALL////ETERNABOND INSTALL