cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Handy Hints, Gadgets, Products & Gizmos

GizmosMom
Explorer
Explorer
Another member suggested a new forum section with new products but it doesn't look like it will be feasible. So I thought I would post this here under General RVing Issues. If enough people post (even if you have mentioned it before in another post) we can keep it near the top?

Do you have a handy hint, a new product or an old product that makes your RVing or Camping much better?

(Sorry, no commercial advertising allowed)

I'll start:

Someone in the Camping Van posted a reference to using a Super-Chamois to wipe down their shower. I have been using an icky old thick sponge and I like the chamois idea so much more.

Now I want to hear what works for you
Marilyn w/ Joe, 2016 Class C Sunseeker 2430 SF, often pulling a Ranger bass boat. Traveling with Trigger
Smudge & Gizmo are waiting at the Rainbow Bridge
3,560 REPLIES 3,560

Cruzette
Explorer
Explorer
TomG2 wrote:
My only question is which side goes on the wall? If I want to stick my remote control on the wall, which piece goes where?

IMHO - The scratchy side goes on the wall, so that the soft side is on the remote. That way you don't get scratched when you are holding the remote!
It doesn't matter where you go in life.........it's who you have beside you :B

Judy and DH Ray
Boomer & Petie Pie
2004 Country Coach 40' Inspire "Da Vinci"

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
One product that fits all of the subject categories is Velcro. I "rediscover" it every few years and have been fastening things down for my twelve hundred mile trip to Texas. My only question is which side goes on the wall? If I want to stick my remote control on the wall, which piece goes where?

Scrapz
Explorer
Explorer
campandride wrote:
great hints!

For a great "ice cream" snack when camping, buy "Dibs"- little chocolate covered/flavored ice cream squares, 60 to a box, and they don't take up much room in the motorhome refrigerator and are very tasty and satisfy that sweet craving!

We do! They are great! Like you said, they don't take up much room and you can have 2-3 bites w/o getting out a bowl or spoon.
Kathy :B

campandride
Explorer
Explorer
great hints!

For a great "ice cream" snack when camping, buy "Dibs"- little chocolate covered/flavored ice cream squares, 60 to a box, and they don't take up much room in the motorhome refrigerator and are very tasty and satisfy that sweet craving!

philip_simmons
Explorer
Explorer
jagco wrote:
DONLYN wrote:
Did I read right? Oven cleaner to clean upholstery??? I can't imagine there being anything left to smell. Maybe, more details would help? Easy-off spray or what?

That was my thought, too. Oven cleaner on uphostery???

Easy off...spayed on, then lightly scrubbed then hosed off and let dry...took the smell right off. I would (and did) test on a small spot to make sure the fabric color would not run. Again, took the smell right away to my wifes satisfaction. Crazy I know, but it worked.

Shirley_and_Fre
Explorer
Explorer
Laughingfrog wrote:
Bay leaf oil?? Where does one buy this? Don't recall seeing it at the grocery store, so I'm thinking it's more of an "essential oil" the kind used in aromatherapy?? Please let us know....

I'd rather wipe a little oil than leave bits and pieces of bay leaf sprinkled around...

Bet it's expensive, otherwise I'd consider a pump spray bottle...

Would this work on wasps also?

jagco
Explorer
Explorer
DONLYN wrote:
Did I read right? Oven cleaner to clean upholstery??? I can't imagine there being anything left to smell. Maybe, more details would help? Easy-off spray or what?

That was my thought, too. Oven cleaner on uphostery???
1977 Diamond Class C
(Ford E350, 460)

DONLYN
Explorer
Explorer

dkingdoe
Explorer
Explorer
I second this one. We just bought 2 for our 50amp. I ordered mine from CoilnWrap RV Accessories.

KLO wrote:
I bought one of those Plug Dogs for our 30 amp service at an RV show and highly recommend them. They really make unplugging easier.
Stan & Doris ๐Ÿ™‚ (Retired 2012)
'13 Coachmen Pathfinder 404RB
'17 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited/Toad

Rv-Bella
Explorer
Explorer
Yes Cruzette, is right. An herbal store. It can be hard to find on the shelf, but if you ask they can useally order it for you. It dosen't take alot! I have had my bottle for several years, I just dip a Q-tip in and run the Q-tip around the window frames and drop a drop or two on rag and rub over the screen. Rv-Bella

philip_simmons
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the info. We just purchased our first big rig (37 food dp) and will incorporate many of them.
My hints
Google notebook (it has allowed me to save all these great hints in one place)

Oven cleaner to get rid of smelly upholstery. Its, true, I read online after purchase of our westy that wife said was far too smelly for her liking. Pulled, sprayed, scrubbed, rinsed, dried and replaced and they passed her smell test...if any of you just purchased or plan to sell your rig may try this

Cheers

Phil

KLO
Explorer
Explorer
I bought one of those Plug Dogs for our 30 amp service at an RV show and highly recommend them. They really make unplugging easier.

Cruzette
Explorer
Explorer
I'm sure any herbal shop would carry Bay Leaf Oil, you can also order it on line.

Bay Leaf Oil
It doesn't matter where you go in life.........it's who you have beside you :B

Judy and DH Ray
Boomer & Petie Pie
2004 Country Coach 40' Inspire "Da Vinci"

Laughingfrog
Explorer
Explorer
Bay leaf oil?? Where does one buy this? Don't recall seeing it at the grocery store, so I'm thinking it's more of an "essential oil" the kind used in aromatherapy?? Please let us know....

I'd rather wipe a little oil than leave bits and pieces of bay leaf sprinkled around...

Bet it's expensive, otherwise I'd consider a pump spray bottle...:B
Don & Yolanda White, David, Colby
& Smokey (Rescued Dachshund/Shepherd mix)
2008 Pilgrim Legends 37QB4S-5H
2008 Ford F-450 Lariat Crew Cab

rocknrollpro
Explorer
Explorer
Bump!
Rocky
"Everydayz a Holiday"

2001 Ford F250 2WD Lariat Super Cab 7.3
2003 Outback 28' fiver 527RLS
1972 Ford F350 22' Beaver C Class!