cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Goodyear Is Good

DallasSteve
Nomad
Nomad
This is a little positive feedback for a famous, old American company, Goodyear. I bought a new Winnebago 2 months ago and they had installed Goodyear tires on the rig. I checked the tire pressures before the current trip and they were a little low. As it is a new rig I hadn't prepared for the complications of loading air into the tires which are far apart and have dual tires on the back with difficult stem placement.

I went to Walmart and Auto Zone and I couldn't find what I needed to inflate the tires myself. I was stressed. I know with more time I can order the right equipment. My wife suggested trying to have a tire store inflate them. So I searched and there was a Goodyear tire center for commercial users, with large trucks, just 1 mile from our campground in Elm Mott, Texas, a little north of Waco. I called and asked if they could inflate my motorhome tires. She said yes, but she didn't know how much it would cost. She said they charge about $50 to do an 18-wheeler.

I decided I would drive over there and ask for a price. The shop is located on Old Dallas Road, a very good name for a road, in my opinion. When I got there the mechanic said he would do my 6 tires for free. Very nice people. And they had no customers this morning, maybe because the shutdown is/was hurting their business. I gave him $10 and a big thank you. I felt a lot better knowing my tires were inflated correctly. Thank you, Goodyear.
2022 JAYCO JAY FLIGHT SLX 8 324BDS
2022 FORD F-250 XL CREW CAB 4X4
All my exes live in Texas, that's why I live in an RV
6 REPLIES 6

DallasSteve
Nomad
Nomad
After reading these replies I updated (edited) my original post to indicate that the shop is located on Old Dallas Road in Elm Mott, Texas. I like the name of that road.
2022 JAYCO JAY FLIGHT SLX 8 324BDS
2022 FORD F-250 XL CREW CAB 4X4
All my exes live in Texas, that's why I live in an RV

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
DownTheAvenue wrote:
This is more about the management of the individual store than the major corporation. I don't know about commercial tire stores, but for autos and light trucks, Goodyear has nothing to do with those stores except for lending them their name (for a fee, of course)!

I was going to say ,nothing to do with Goodyear ,any reputable tire dealer would take of someone that needed air.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
You may want to post your experience on RV Service Reviews.

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
This is more about the management of the individual store than the major corporation. I don't know about commercial tire stores, but for autos and light trucks, Goodyear has nothing to do with those stores except for lending them their name (for a fee, of course)!

Thats great to hear. ..

I do also believe that the thanks should go to the tire shop and not Goodyear.. I am sure GY corporate had no clue this happened...

Either way, kudos to that tire shop..And glad your aired up properly

Joe
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
The praise belongs to the dealer and the person that helped you. Name the place, they will thank you.
Puma 30RKSS