cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Frustrating BZB Products experience

toolman1
Explorer
Explorer
So, It's New Year's weekend and my wife and I are returning from a week at the lake. I had replaced all the coach batteries and chassis battery, before leaving, and for whatever reason the Power Gear jacks were inoperative. I had read on-line that this model of levelers were having problems and ordered a new replacement kit from BZB in Kingman AZ. On our return trip I had a medical emergency and clipped the right rearview mirror as well as the forward awning arm, breaking them both off. I was hospitalized for 3 days, and limped home after making some emergency repairs. 6 or 7 weeks later Velvac Mirrors and an RV salvage yard supplied me with the replacement parts. While waiting for those parts I shopped various RV dealers regarding installing the Power Gear kit. I took the coach to the selected dealer and they didn't get to it for 9 weeks. The problem wasn't the jack system but rather the power supply wire had been overlooked when replacing the batteries.
Now, the issue. This Power Gear harness and touchpad is still in the box it was shipped in. All components are still sealed in the factory plastic bags, and the touchpad in it's original box. BZB offers a 60 day return policy, cut and dried.
Yes it's been 5 month's since being purchased, however I feel the extenuating circumstances warrant some consideration to return it.
Am I wrong here? It wasn't my fault that the mirror, awning arm, and service department took so long.
What are your thoughts guys?
See ya out there!!
Hooliville member #128

Gary & Lynne.
'04 Dolphin 5320 WH-22 370W Solar
22' Mighty Mover Trailer, 60W. Solar.
Sand Sprite 4. 2.3L EFI sand buggy
'91 Toyota 4X4 longbed Truck
2011 Black Lab "Lucy" for both of us :B
11 REPLIES 11

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
jdc1 wrote:
Why should BZB be held responsible for what others did or did not do? I empathize with you, but..... They probably don't have the same power as say Costco or Amazon with regards to their suppliers.

Agree!..:S

Also with the post that followed the above - which was as far as I got "into" replies to your rant.

"Condolences" - as that appears to be what you are looking for..:h

List it on Ebay & best of luck.

~

On edit: read 'em all after seeing the "hate" reference:
Yikes, Mod - they're not "hate" postings - just real world, facts of life and "doing business". We *ALL* have been there at one time or another....stuck with something we didn't need through our own fault and "ate it".
Been there done that -but didn't post it - How 'bout you?...:@

~

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry for all the hate here, but I'm not surprised.

Hate? That's a bit extreme. OP was looking for opinions and just lamenting a bit, which is understandable. He got opinions and I don't see him taking offense. I don't think anyone was hateful but we're a bit surprised that it's an issue.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

dedmiston
toolman1 wrote:
So, It's New Year's weekend and my wife and I are returning from a week at the lake. I had replaced all the coach batteries and chassis battery, before leaving, and for whatever reason the Power Gear jacks were inoperative. I had read on-line that this model of levelers were having problems and ordered a new replacement kit from BZB in Kingman AZ. On our return trip I had a medical emergency and clipped the right rearview mirror as well as the forward awning arm, breaking them both off. I was hospitalized for 3 days, and limped home after making some emergency repairs. 6 or 7 weeks later Velvac Mirrors and an RV salvage yard supplied me with the replacement parts. While waiting for those parts I shopped various RV dealers regarding installing the Power Gear kit. I took the coach to the selected dealer and they didn't get to it for 9 weeks. The problem wasn't the jack system but rather the power supply wire had been overlooked when replacing the batteries.
Now, the issue. This Power Gear harness and touchpad is still in the box it was shipped in. All components are still sealed in the factory plastic bags, and the touchpad in it's original box. BZB offers a 60 day return policy, cut and dried.
Yes it's been 5 month's since being purchased, however I feel the extenuating circumstances warrant some consideration to return it.
Am I wrong here? It wasn't my fault that the mirror, awning arm, and service department took so long.
What are your thoughts guys?

Well I'll be hog tied. It's great to see you here Gary. How long has it been? Hopefully your health is improving and you're doing well.

Sorry for all the hate here, but I'm not surprised.

I think the ugly truth behind most sixty-day policies is that 60 days are how long you have to dispute a charge with your bank. After that, we can all go pound sand.

I've made more than one costly mistake with parts and accessories for our various RVs by ordering the wrong thing or whatever. Most of the time it's been with heavy things that would cost a fortune to try to return, so I end up selling them on Craigslist. Luckily we live in a thriving megalopolis and don't have too much trouble reselling stuff like this, especially when the market for RV accessories is so red hot. In my case, I've come pretty close to breaking even when I factor in what it would have cost me to ship some of this stuff back to the vendors.

Again, it's great to see you around.

And to everyone else, Gary the Toolman is one of the nicest guys on the planet, so cut him some slack.

Good luck to you Gary. Be well, old friend.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
BZB supplied a part to you, you bought it, 5 months later didn't use/install it and now want them to take it back and give all of the money back?

I wouldn't ever had thought of attempting to ask for a return after 30 days let alone 5 months later.

I can't blame them for sticking with their own return rules and you agreed to those rules at the time of purchase.

Folks attempt to scam companies all the time, my DD works at a Sam's club, often on the members services desk.. The many stories she has told of how customers attempt to scam Sam's club is pathetic to say the least. Things Sam's didn't sell, 3 yr old food, 4 even 5 yr old lawn mowers and so on.. Even Sam's club has their limits as to how long they are willing to take back items.

Rather than blasting BZB as they did nothing wrong, take your lumps and put it for sale on EBAY or Facebook selling space. If you don't have EBAY or Facebook, I am sure you know someone that does and see if they will put it up for sell for you.

Fair chance that nearly everyone on this forum has run into the same thing, buy a part to repair something but end up not repairing, selling or junking the broken item anyways..

I have a new drier motor (wasn't the issue as it was a failed roller).

New water valve for a dishwasher (wasn't the issue for the leak, ended up the pump seal went bad and ended up buying new dishwasher).

A new fan motor for a 2006 truck I no longer have (started squealing on a camping trip and bought a new fan motor while camping, put a couple of drops of used motor oil on the original fan motor shaft and the squealing stopped but kept the new motor just in case it started to squeal on 600 mile trip home).

Have a new voltage regulator for a 1970s Ford tractor, wasn't the regulator, it turned out the charging portion of the key switch was toasted, added a 30A relay since the switch is hard to come by..

Most likely have a good shelf load of new unused parts for things I no longer have..

Not once did it occur to me to ask to return the parts after 30 days for a refund :S

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
I'd try to sell it. Not the company's fault. Moreso, a lack of in-person, interpersonal shopping.

I'd guess that, in the past, one might get more leeway, if he could walk in to where he bought it, legitimately show it was unopened unused, receipt form the same store, etc.
In those cases it's a win win if it's a standard stocked part. Gat charged a re-stocking fee, you get it off your back and mostly off your wallet and the company isn't hurt financially, maybe makes a buck and keeps a customer.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
While I sympathize with your plight, BZB can't be held responsible for what has happened. I don't mean to sound nasty because it's not meant that way but if they caved for every sob story they'd go broke.

I agree with some of the others-see if you can find a way to sell it. It's a PITA but it's better than losing out on the money.

Other option: Talk to the shop that did the repairs and ask them if it's something they might want to purchase it from you. Explain it was because they took so long that you couldn't get it back to the seller in time. Long shot at best but who knows.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry but returns are costly for a business and you didn't comply with their policy.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Sandia_Man
Explorer II
Explorer II
Have to go with the majority on this although it would be awesome for them to give you a refund. Otherwise I imagine you could resell it using whatever online platform you choose, sometimes we have to take a bit of a loss on things we purchase for our RVs, I know I've been down that road a time or two.

Tyler0215
Explorer
Explorer
Can't blame BZB for anything that has gone on.

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Why should BZB be held responsible for what others did or did not do? I empathize with you, but..... They probably don't have the same power as say Costco or Amazon with regards to their suppliers.

Beverley_Ken
Explorer
Explorer
Iโ€™m sorry for your problems. It would have been a nice gesture if BZB overlooked their own policy on returns. Itโ€™s not their problem either that it took so long to discover that you didnโ€™t need the part.
I donโ€™t know how popular this part is, (for them to resell) a they maybe stuck with excess inventory, or itโ€™s happened to them before.

Ken
2006 Winnebago Outlook 29B E-450.
2012 Honda CR-V AWD
Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar and Brake Buddy Vantage.